How would I backup PS3 games I already own, on to my PC?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by PyroSpark, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PyroSpark
    OP

PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    I want to, well...backup ps3 games I have, on to my PC. So what programs would go about helping me with that? The only thing I know, is multiman, a PKG program which only seems to work with macs.

And, I heard you can make backups of ps3 games USING your ps3, is that much more difficult, or easier? >_>

2. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    You can use multi man to install your game onto your ps3 hdd and then use a FTP program to transfer it onto your pc. You need a homebrew app to do FTP on your ps3. The name of it has went right out of my head, Looking into what it's called again.

"Q - Well then how can I transfer backups from my computer to the internal drive of the PS3?
    A - You can use an FTP program to transfer over a network, or a file manager that lets you copy from a FAT32 external to the PS3's internal, in case you have problems with the FTP or it's speed is crappy. Even though it needs a FAT32 external, most updated PS3 file managers can split large files to fit on FAT32 partitions to copy over."

Quote from the ps3 sticky.

http://comgenie.com/filemanager/

Download a standard FTP program one of your choosing, that's all you need.

3. PyroSpark
    OP

PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    Okay, how would I open a pkg file on a windows pc then? I tried 7zip with no success. ._.

4. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    A pkg file can't be installed on windows or even macs . Its should be installed on ps3 & to install it you will need to have a cfw which requires a ps3 with fw 3.55 or less .

5. PyroSpark
    OP

PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
  6. The_Dragons_Mast

The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Egypt
    Yes cfw prevent you from connecting to psn & I guess you just skimmed that thread because it clearly stated :
    It is just meant to allow you to play backups using a cfw through discs instead of a hdd .

7. PyroSpark
    OP

PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    Oh okay. Lack of reading comprehension. FML. Thank you! xD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice