How would I backup PS3 games I already own, on to my PC?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by PyroSpark, Nov 14, 2011.

1. PyroSpark
    OP

Member PyroSpark GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want to, well...backup ps3 games I have, on to my PC. So what programs would go about helping me with that? The only thing I know, is multiman, a PKG program which only seems to work with macs.

And, I heard you can make backups of ps3 games USING your ps3, is that much more difficult, or easier? >_>

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can use multi man to install your game onto your ps3 hdd and then use a FTP program to transfer it onto your pc. You need a homebrew app to do FTP on your ps3. The name of it has went right out of my head, Looking into what it's called again.

"Q - Well then how can I transfer backups from my computer to the internal drive of the PS3?
    A - You can use an FTP program to transfer over a network, or a file manager that lets you copy from a FAT32 external to the PS3's internal, in case you have problems with the FTP or it's speed is crappy. Even though it needs a FAT32 external, most updated PS3 file managers can split large files to fit on FAT32 partitions to copy over."

Quote from the ps3 sticky.

http://comgenie.com/filemanager/

Download a standard FTP program one of your choosing, that's all you need.

3. PyroSpark
    OP

United States
    Okay, how would I open a pkg file on a windows pc then? I tried 7zip with no success. ._.

4. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    A pkg file can't be installed on windows or even macs . Its should be installed on ps3 & to install it you will need to have a cfw which requires a ps3 with fw 3.55 or less .

5. PyroSpark
    OP

United States
  6. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Yes cfw prevent you from connecting to psn & I guess you just skimmed that thread because it clearly stated :
    It is just meant to allow you to play backups using a cfw through discs instead of a hdd .

7. PyroSpark
    OP

United States
    Oh okay. Lack of reading comprehension. FML. Thank you! xD