Hacking How will the new Xbox emulator for vita run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitaminer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the article over there at wololo that was talking about some new road trip coming to retroarch and that Xbox and Xbox 360 support are coming soon for retroarch, so I wonder if the new Xbox and Xbox 360 cores will also come to the retroarch port for vita?
I highly doubt that vita can handle Xbox 360 games, but what about the original Xbox? Can vita handle original Xbox games well, I don't think it's gonna run at full speed, unless maybe they add graphics option in the new core so we can set it at the lowest setting.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've read the article over there at wololo that was talking about some new road trip coming to retroarch and that Xbox and Xbox 360 support are coming soon for retroarch, so I wonder if the new Xbox and Xbox 360 cores will also come to the retroarch port for vita?
I highly doubt that vita can handle Xbox 360 games, but what about the original Xbox? Can vita handle original Xbox games well, I don't think it's gonna run at full speed, unless maybe they add graphics option in the new core so we can set it at the lowest setting.

That's is not how emulation works lol.
Just cause Retroarch has a core doesn't mean a platform that can run Retroarch can run it.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good question. Some people ^ might think they can be hilarious by answering this question sarcastically, but this does bring up a good point. Personally, I would say no as the vita is less powerful than the ps3, but more than the ps2, which is in the same generation as the Xbox. So, not gonna happen.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Good question. Some people ^ might think they can be hilarious by answering this question sarcastically, but this does bring up a good point. Personally, I would say no as the vita is less powerful than the ps3, but more than the ps2, which is in the same generation as the Xbox. So, not gonna happen.
I'm not trying to be hilarious, fyi. People can answer in a sarcastic fashion without meaning to be funny, you know? And there's no "good point" here. No. The 360 won't run properly on a Vita, ever, and trying to get it to do so would be a waste of time. As for the original Xbox. Very much doubt so. iirc, said console was above the PS2 in terms of power.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Kioku

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, it'll probably run perfectly. One of the reasons Retroarch devs added it in is so they could play Halo 2 again. So start downloading those xbox isos immediately.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry OP no question is a dumb question. You're going to her sarcastic remarks and people laughing at you.

But the answer is no sadly not on the vita.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all mind if you guys can give me a link to a core for a Xbox One and PS4? Maybe throw in a PC one as well and also a Switch one so I can emulate them on my PS Vita. Its possible amirite?

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be hilarious, fyi. People can answer in a sarcastic fashion without meaning to be funny, you know? And there's no "good point" here. No. The 360 won't run properly on a Vita, ever, and trying to get it to do so would be a waste of time. As for the original Xbox. Very much doubt so. iirc, said console was above the PS2 in terms of power.
Don't worry OP no question is a dumb question. You're going to her sarcastic remarks and people laughing at you.

But the answer is no sadly not on the vita.
Edit by Luke: not a response to you below, but I agree with you

You are just not being nice. Not many people appreciate sarcasm unless it's funny (it's still bad in that sense.) If you didn't mean to be funny, you meant to criticize the op, am I wrong? Even if you think the answer is obvious, some people don't know that. Just show some respect, like everyone should show to everyone else irl as well as online, okay?
:yay:best of luck,
-Luke
(P.S. This wasn't an attempt to criticize you, just an informative post. No harm done, just please don't try to respond to this and argue, I don't have anything to argue about.)

Last edited by incidentallyscribble,
Reactions: Bernhard

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Retroarch isn't supporting Xbox OG and Xbox 360 in terms of emulation. They're looking to bring Retroarch back to the two consoles. So, no, no Xbox or 360 emulation... And No... The Vita can't run it. Anyone saying that wasn't a stupid question is being a bit TOO nice.

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'd probably say that Xbox will run at a steady 60fps but Xbox 360 will be 30fps maximum and even then with some frame drops :rolleyes:
I heard from one of my bois or at RetroArch that the Xbox 360 version of GTA V will run at a perfectly steady 4k60 on the vita

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You are just not being nice. Not many people appreciate sarcasm unless it's funny (it's still bad in that sense.) If you didn't mean to be funny, you meant to criticize the op, am I wrong? Even if you think the answer is obvious, some people don't know that. Just show some respect, like everyone should show to everyone else irl as well as online, okay?
:yay:best of luck,
-Luke
(P.S. This wasn't an attempt to criticize you, just an informative post. No harm done, just please don't try to respond to this and argue, I don't have anything to argue about.)
I didn't try to be nice. Of course I was criticizing the OP. This type of topic is something extremely common that could be solved by 2 minutes of googling and/or reasoning. Which is why I said what I did.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Shadowfied

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never did I say I was being nice. Of course I was criticizing the OP. This type of topic is something extremely common that could be solved by 2 minutes of googling and/or reasoning. Which is why I said what I did.
Nothing I disagree with here. I just would have simply told them to Google it but I'm not you, so whatever I don't have an argument to make.
Also, lol why is this topic picking up so much traction, it should be locked
Screenshot_2017-11-26-14-31-48-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: