How what HB apps/CFW can I use to copy a DSIWare game to SD? (Not Dumping)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CGGamer, Feb 17, 2017.

1. CGGamer
    OP

CGGamer Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    I just installed Four Swords Anniversary Edition on my modded 3ds, and I want to transfer it to my unmodded 3ds without doing a system transfer. Like I want to copy it to my sd, put it in my unmoded 3ds,and copy it to the system memory. I tried to put in my unmoded systems sd into the modded one, then going to settings and copying it to my sd, but only the modded 3ds can see it.

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Impossible. It's encrypted. The other 3ds would need a cfw in order to install it.

3. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    If you already had some variety of dsiwarehax, it's feasible that you could do an injection... But that's really pushing it. What you're asking is not possible under normal circumstances.

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Nope. Again, encrypted. You would need a signature patch.

5. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    DSiWare SRLs are not encrypted when they're installed to TWLNAND. The whole TWLNAND partition is encrypted but I believe DSiWare knows the encryption keys since it need to fetch content embedded in the SRL. Signatures are not checked, this is why you can do sudokuhax injection (or in fact injection for any DSiWare title as far as I can tell)

6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    It's under System Settings>Data Management>DSiWare>(on the System Memory tab)select the game with "A" and select copy(it will copy it to your SD card). To restore it just do the same thing but select it from the SD Card tab and restore it to the system.

Edit: This won't work the way you want it to though. I believe it's tied to the console(or NNID?) so you'd have to do a System Transfer to use it on your unmodded console.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247, Feb 17, 2017