Gaming how well do you take care of your Nintendo DS?

pikachu945

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have my Nintendo DSi in my Backpack all the time I use it 24/7 I must touch the screen about 400 times a day
everything is "Mint" no scratches on the screen (no screen protector either) ,no smudges around the d-pad lol

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that well. i try to, though.

it's got a broken hinge now
frown.gif

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I drive a sledgehammer through em when I lose because a button stopped working, then I go to the store and buy another just to repeat the same thing because I lose again!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Just kidding. I like to take great care of my things, I always freak when I drop them, and I always feel uneasy when the henge feels loose or there are cracks on the casing.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...well I broke the ribbon cable once...the speakers were soldiered perfectly...I toss it around every so often...my L/R buttons are busted...my screen has a couple of scratches and the top screen has smudges and dust on the screen from when I tried to take it off the old one (I didn't bother with the new one that it came with)...my ability with my hands seems lame as my case isn't flush...yeah, I love my DS.

-edit-
oh, and my ribbon cable broke because I had it and I was playing on a swing set...and when I pulled out my iPod to change the song...well my iPod wasn't the only thing that came out...

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do my best. My dog got it once when my sister used it while I was at school. I was pissed. I dropped it a few times as well, but it still works. The bottom screen is pretty scratched (I love Ouendan/EBA and Rhythm Heaven). The trigger buttons are wonky too.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
My launch day Phat is still in excellent condition, and I use it all the time. The only thing wrong with it is the battery life(~1 hour), but there's not really anything I could've done to stop that from happening.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...last summer...I was playing my DS too much and my mom got mad and threw it from the second story xD.
My L button got smashed in, and was impossible to press, and theres now a crack on the back of my DS. Just recently, I got my L button to work again, though.
smile.gif

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
My DS lite used to be in the best condition, but, my ds was next to me and I was fixing the ink in my pen, and I spilt 1 or 2 dots of ink on it, blue ink aswell, gah!!! My mic doesn't work either, but I don't know how it happened. There is also dirt in between the plastic casing and the system itself, which I couldn't prevent and no matter how hard I try to get out, it won't come out, apart from those minor problems, it's still in perfect condition =D.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Pft. I already had 3 DS's. The first one was a PHAT and my brother used it.
Its screen got cracked and useless ;_;

The 2nd was a Lite and the hinge was broken -_-'' (IT was because of my amazing brother)
3rd is another Crimson Lite and it's still working great...

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
Had my DS Phat since before launch (before UK launch anyways) and its in perfect working condition, everything works, and the only scratches are where the top screen just rubs against the bottom under the hinges.

If it ever broke, I'd get another Phat, I believe that the original is much more durable than any of the re-releases, same as always; GameBoy - GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Advance - GameBoy Advance SP, DS Phat - DS Lite etc etc

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a DS Phat break on me, and my previous DS lite fell in two, now my current one has a fairly minor scratch on the back, but it's all in working order.

I'm not the one who breaks them though... my 11 year old brother is good at finding, and breaking things i own...

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to never take my handhelds with me outside, but I've started to take them with me on train trips etc. I still try to keep them as clean as possible, like not using them with greasy or filthy hands.

Furthermore, while I don't use a screen protector or protective case for my DSL or GBA SP, I try not to bump them into things. For someone who plays his DSL every single day, it's in a great state I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here