Hardware How useful has the Kickstand been to you?

How useful is the kick stand been to you?

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally using it is just seem lazy design, is just one small stand, the flexibility is bad and the balance is very poor. It can only be use on absolute flat surface, and probably 20 degree angel balance perhaps. I dunno how the guy in the trailer even think of playing it on the plane that moves a lot. (I never been on a plane before so i wouldn't know honestly)

Basically if it had a second kickstand or more support, maybe rubber stoppers or something to help grip even on not stable balance it may be better. I can only use it on like a floor or table, on my bed is almost unusable unless i'm perfectly still or it will fall. At this point, i would be happier if the joycon grip had a slot to put the system on to use like some cellphone or tablets do. Maybe a way to also plug charger in controller and charge the system as well or something.

maxresdefault.jpg

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's alright in a pinch, but I tend to bring the Wii U Gamepad stand with me; it's small and light enough to justify it (clarification: not the charging one, the smaller black plastic one purely for holding it up). :P

The angle's not adjustable, but it gives a nice angle anyway.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Baoulettes

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had a need to play in tabletop mode yet. Ask me after the next time I take a flight for a vacation with a buddy who wants to play Mario Kart or something with me. Beyond that, I really can't imagine getting much use out of tabletop mode, handheld and console will be the way I play on the system for the vast majority of the times.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really that bad? Getting my Switch today and hoping it's decent.

Its fine enough, as long as its on a sturdy surface and you don't knock into it, it will serve you just fine. A complaint is that you can't charge the system while using the kickstand due to the port being on the bottom. Docks can fix this problem, but then you're no longer even using the kickstand.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine. Just another thing people want to complain about with a new system.

Is it perfect? No, but it does it's job for what it's supposed to do. Sit on a tabletop. Not a bed, not your stomach, not a pillow.

Reactions: vinipeix and Millsy

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
It's just barely enough and that's okay. I've heard it works great on a plane by various people on reddit, and being on a plane the turbulance doesn't seem like it'll be enough to knock the system down. If you want it on a couch just put a book there or something.
Put it on a flat surface a bit carefully and it will never fall down, I don't see the problem unless you're CNET.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used it several times no issue. Unless you have some really bad turbulence I don't see why it wouldn't work. The kickstand does have a bit of rubber on it to help grip. Though I personally bought the hori compact playstand for use on long trips.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just barely enough and that's okay. I've heard it works great on a plane by various people on reddit, and being on a plane the turbulance doesn't seem like it'll be enough to knock the system down. If you want it on a couch just put a book there or something.
Put it on a flat surface a bit carefully and it will never fall down, I don't see the problem unless you're CNET.
I bought two cases for my switch. The hybrid cover by PowerA for at home, and a standard hard case for going out. Most places you would go out to will have a hard flat surface like a table to use for the standard switch stand.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its fine enough, as long as its on a sturdy surface and you don't knock into it, it will serve you just fine. A complaint is that you can't charge the system while using the kickstand due to the port being on the bottom. Docks can fix this problem, but then you're no longer even using the kickstand.
Nintendo could have easily solved this by having the kickstand on the "top" and then rotating the screen. That way the switch could be charged while in kickstand mode.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nintendo could have easily solved this by having the kickstand on the "top" and then rotating the screen. That way the switch could be charged while in kickstand mode.
I don't get why they keep putting charging ports and headphone ports on the bottom. Am i the only one who likes resting my handhelds against my stomach? It's always annoyed me with my 3DS. couldn't play with headphones comfortably in bed.

Reactions: Haloman800

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why they keep putting charging ports and headphone ports on the bottom. Am i the only one who likes resting my handhelds against my stomach? It's always annoyed me with my 3DS. couldn't play with headphones comfortably in bed.
Be Courageous and go wireless, it's 2017 everything has Bluetooth these days. Oh, wait....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.