Hacking How TX has fucked up every version of SX OS (strikes back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before TX haters try to get this thread moved/locked/removed. Keeping in mind I am allowed to make my own thread about this (as long as I stop commenting on every SX OS update). So take that! (xD)

If you have any questions about this go to @Creatable thread: https://gbatemp.net/entry/tx-haters-1-tx-stole-code-again.15258/ (it also contains a raw text file of what I'm about to paste.)

List has been updated with: 2.0.1, 2.1 and 2.2! Enjoy TX haters! :)

Today I'm going to explain how Team Xecuter has fucked up every single release of SX OS. Bold statement I know and I'll make a lot of people upset (mainly TX fans). But just to let you know I do have SX OS but I was really disappointed with the last few releases they had and 2.0 tipped me over the edge.
So with that out of the way here is.
HOW TX FUCKED UP EVERY VERSION OF SX OS
1.0 - Burnt people's fuses, homebrew compatibility was shite and included brick code.
1.1 - Failed to fix burning people's fuses properly, failed to properly address homebrew incompatibility also included brick code.
1.2 - Finally fixed burning people's fuses but failed to address the fact that it still has brick code and also homebrew compatibility was still shite.
1.3 - Fixed the brick code problem (after being called out for it) but used public code for LayeredFS support and used devmenu for NSP support. And also stole code from CTCaer for the "battery desync" glitch for Linux.
1.4 - Stole tinfoil code (without hiding it) to make an nsp installer. And made their own homebrew launcher (why?)
1.5 - Managed to fuck up FTP support.
1.6 -"Stealth Mode" do I need to say more? (It's basically just a DNS server).
1.7 - The first update of SX OS that fucked up 6.0 support really badly.
1.8 - Used public code to address LayeredFS support on 6.0! Also that was the only change. It being called 1.8 should be a fuck up by itself. Also web applets crashed on this version so it's the second update of SX OS that fucked up 6.0 support really badly.
1.9 Fixed web applets by using public code (but they couldn't even fix it properly). So the third update of SX OS that fucked up 6.0 support really badly.
And now we come to 2.0! The big release. And what do we get?
2.0 - """Emunand""" aka instant ban simulator. Homebrew NSP installation doesn't work with older NSP's. And LayeredFS support for 6.0 (unsurprisingly) stole code from the public and even then fucked that up (as certain apps flat out don't work).
2.0.1 - The first time TX has actually used a sensible version name for a minor release. But what did the release do again?
2.1 - included an unstable broken cheat engine. But it's an original feature so... Whatever TX steals is good and whatever they make is either: shit or obsolete?
2.2 - Slightly improved cheat engine but did something that we saw coming for a while and stole USB support from Tinfoil.*

Honestly fuck you TX. The only reason GBATemp hasn't banned the entire team from the website is because they fund everything GBATemp does and the reason why most people came onto the site.

*UPDATE: It seems that 2.2 HDD support is an original feature. My bad on that part.

Last edited by Essasetic,

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How could I miss your beautiful threads. Daniel.
;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't own a TX license, but you sound a little frustrated and mad
Used to own a licence. Don't now lol. And also yes I am frustrated and mad of how fans can defend TX for literally destroying the scene.

Reactions: nachuz

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I personally wish they kept their SXOS opensource but if they wanna keep their proprietary XCI loader and cheat-engine locked, that would be fine. Then this stolencode debacle etc. wouldn't been an issue. A lot of Linux distros have a license to unlock enterprise features. Yet, their community editions are opensource.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally wish they kept their SXOS opensource but if they wanna keep their proprietary XCI loader and cheat-engine locked, that would be fine. Then this stolencode debacle etc. wouldn't been an issue. A lot of Linux distros have a license to unlock enterprise features. Yet, their community editions are opensource.
Yeah. One of my main points is that they're stealing stuff that should be free. And charging for it.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I love all the updates and the way the program keeps improving and adding features, if code is open source - you can't complain when people use it, that's why it's published on github and places like that anyway, so that others can use it.

As for the TX haters - well you have other options:

1: Don't use sx os - and don't complain about stuff you're not using.
2: Use open source stuff - and try and help the devs out a bit to make their stuff better.

You have choices - hating seems to be one of them, but in the meantime I'll carry on using sx os and enjoying the features, while you sit about waiting for some other team to release stuff.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah. One of my main points is that they're stealing stuff that should be free. And charging for it.
I know, SXOS however is free to use. It's just the XCI and Cheat-Engine that costs money. Else SXOS can be used without paying a dime.

What most people have issues with is that it doesn't follow the GPL rules.

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love all the updates and the way the program keeps improving and adding features, if code is open source - you can't complain when people use it, that's why it's published on github and places like that anyway, so that others can use it.

As for the TX haters - well you have other options:

1: Don't use sx os - and don't complain about stuff you're not using.
2: Use open source stuff - and try and help the devs out a bit to make their stuff better.

You have choices - hating seems to be one of them, but in the meantime I'll carry on using sx os and enjoying the features, while you sit about waiting for some other team to release stuff.
Paying for stolen code lol. If every bit of homebrew software went closed source. Then what would happen to SX OS then? Will there be any new versions of it? That's my take on it.

Reactions: nachuz

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus, how salty can one be to even go through all this effort just to badmouth a specific company/cfw provider...

Thread is fine, but no personal attacks please.
If it keeps this kind of shit out of the SX OS update announcements, I'm fine with it, but I reckon it won't

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus, how salty can one be to even go through all this effort just to badmouth a specific company/cfw provider...

If it keeps this kind of shit out of the SX OS update announcements, I'm fine with it, but I reckon it won't
I wrote this ages ago lol. But yeah I'll keep out the updates now.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
the guys just butt hurt because hes cdn banned and wished he could of used tx instead and then maybe, just maybe like me he still would of had access to online features! Shame on you, uk as well you disappoint me with your disgusting outburst!

Last edited by Reecey,

Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the guys just butt hurt because hes cdn banned and wished he could of used tx instead and then maybe, just maybe like me he still would of had access to online features! Shame on you, uk as well you disappoint me!
I did use SX OS and got CDN banned lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?