How TX has fucked up every version of SX OS (strikes back)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Essasetic, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Essasetic
    OP

Essasetic Your local TX Fanboy

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Before TX haters try to get this thread moved/locked/removed. Keeping in mind I am allowed to make my own thread about this (as long as I stop commenting on every SX OS update). So take that! (xD)

If you have any questions about this go to @Creatable thread: https://gbatemp.net/entry/tx-haters-1-tx-stole-code-again.15258/ (it also contains a raw text file of what I'm about to paste.)

List has been updated with: 2.0.1, 2.1 and 2.2! Enjoy TX haters! :)

Today I'm going to explain how Team Xecuter has fucked up every single release of SX OS. Bold statement I know and I'll make a lot of people upset (mainly TX fans). But just to let you know I do have SX OS but I was really disappointed with the last few releases they had and 2.0 tipped me over the edge.
    So with that out of the way here is.
    HOW TX FUCKED UP EVERY VERSION OF SX OS
    1.0 - Burnt people's fuses, homebrew compatibility was shite and included brick code.
    1.1 - Failed to fix burning people's fuses properly, failed to properly address homebrew incompatibility also included brick code.
    1.2 - Finally fixed burning people's fuses but failed to address the fact that it still has brick code and also homebrew compatibility was still shite.
    1.3 - Fixed the brick code problem (after being called out for it) but used public code for LayeredFS support and used devmenu for NSP support. And also stole code from CTCaer for the "battery desync" glitch for Linux.
    1.4 - Stole tinfoil code (without hiding it) to make an nsp installer. And made their own homebrew launcher (why?)
    1.5 - Managed to fuck up FTP support.
    1.6 -"Stealth Mode" do I need to say more? (It's basically just a DNS server).
    1.7 - The first update of SX OS that fucked up 6.0 support really badly.
    1.8 - Used public code to address LayeredFS support on 6.0! Also that was the only change. It being called 1.8 should be a fuck up by itself. Also web applets crashed on this version so it's the second update of SX OS that fucked up 6.0 support really badly.
    1.9 Fixed web applets by using public code (but they couldn't even fix it properly). So the third update of SX OS that fucked up 6.0 support really badly.
    And now we come to 2.0! The big release. And what do we get?
    2.0 - """Emunand""" aka instant ban simulator. Homebrew NSP installation doesn't work with older NSP's. And LayeredFS support for 6.0 (unsurprisingly) stole code from the public and even then fucked that up (as certain apps flat out don't work).
    2.0.1 - The first time TX has actually used a sensible version name for a minor release. But what did the release do again?
    2.1 - included an unstable broken cheat engine. But it's an original feature so... Whatever TX steals is good and whatever they make is either: shit or obsolete?
    2.2 - Slightly improved cheat engine but did something that we saw coming for a while and stole USB support from Tinfoil.*

Honestly fuck you TX. The only reason GBATemp hasn't banned the entire team from the website is because they fund everything GBATemp does and the reason why most people came onto the site.

*UPDATE: It seems that 2.2 HDD support is an original feature. My bad on that part.

Last edited by Essasetic, Oct 16, 2018
    Hodge92, Maluma, nachuz and 3 others like this.
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Hey, updated version :D

THEELEMENTKH and Essasetic like this.
  3. Jojse

Jojse GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2006
    If you don't like it, don't use it... Simple enough for you?

4. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If I don't like stealing. Can I stop it? No I can't. But it ain't gonna stop me complaining about it lol

Seliph, Sinon, MushGuy and 2 others like this.
  5. NeoSlyde
    This message by NeoSlyde has been removed from public view by linuxares, Oct 16, 2018, Reason: Insults.
    Oct 16, 2018
  6. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Thread is fine, but no personal attacks please.

hamrawk, nachuz and Essasetic like this.
  7. Essasetic
    This message by Essasetic has been removed from public view by Chary, Oct 16, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Oct 16, 2018
  8. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    How could I miss your beautiful threads. Daniel.

9. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    I don't own a TX license, but you sound a little frustrated and mad

10. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    ;)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Used to own a licence. Don't now lol. And also yes I am frustrated and mad of how fans can defend TX for literally destroying the scene.

nachuz likes this.
  11. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I personally wish they kept their SXOS opensource but if they wanna keep their proprietary XCI loader and cheat-engine locked, that would be fine. Then this stolencode debacle etc. wouldn't been an issue. A lot of Linux distros have a license to unlock enterprise features. Yet, their community editions are opensource.

Brandon Golway and BL4Z3D247 like this.
  12. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeah. One of my main points is that they're stealing stuff that should be free. And charging for it.

13. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    I love all the updates and the way the program keeps improving and adding features, if code is open source - you can't complain when people use it, that's why it's published on github and places like that anyway, so that others can use it.

As for the TX haters - well you have other options:

1: Don't use sx os - and don't complain about stuff you're not using.
    2: Use open source stuff - and try and help the devs out a bit to make their stuff better.

You have choices - hating seems to be one of them, but in the meantime I'll carry on using sx os and enjoying the features, while you sit about waiting for some other team to release stuff.

Brandon Golway, T-hug and cearp like this.
  14. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I know, SXOS however is free to use. It's just the XCI and Cheat-Engine that costs money. Else SXOS can be used without paying a dime.

What most people have issues with is that it doesn't follow the GPL rules.

spindizzy and Meepers55 like this.
  15. darky2003

darky2003 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    Belgium
    just got it this morning, its awesome and easy to install!

16. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Paying for stolen code lol. If every bit of homebrew software went closed source. Then what would happen to SX OS then? Will there be any new versions of it? That's my take on it.

nachuz likes this.
  17. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Jesus, how salty can one be to even go through all this effort just to badmouth a specific company/cfw provider...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If it keeps this kind of shit out of the SX OS update announcements, I'm fine with it, but I reckon it won't

Emenaria, 0000ff and IceTeaX like this.
  18. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I wrote this ages ago lol. But yeah I'll keep out the updates now.

19. straumli

straumli Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2018
    Netherlands
    Your tears taste delicious

20. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    the guys just butt hurt because hes cdn banned and wished he could of used tx instead and then maybe, just maybe like me he still would of had access to online features! Shame on you, uk as well you disappoint me with your disgusting outburst!

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 16, 2018
    retrofan_k and The14thfly like this.
  21. Essasetic
    OP

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I did use SX OS and got CDN banned lol

22. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    WHAT!! your cussing tx and you use sxos???? that does not make any sense..

retrofan_k likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.