ROM Hack Translation How tu surpass the text limit on translations?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,637
  • Replies 8
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm working on translation of Atelier Rorona 3DS game. But as it's said in another topics the game has characters limit. I know how to edit files and etc pretty well, but the only thing is the text limit. I have found that Maple Story and Dragon Quest teams found a solution to the problem. I really appreciate if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Exexd123pro

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Uhh, looking at the files I still have on my computer from when I messed with it years ago you need to edit the "MswO_Main.bflyt" found in the arc.cx in /2d/scene/MsWindow/

I don't think I have the original file on hand to remember what value I edited to increase the limit, just have my modified one which I've attached, I assume its the file where I increased the limit, who knows, was like 4 years ago :P

Attachments

• AtelierTextLimitChangeMaybe.zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by DarkSynopsis,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Uhh, looking at the files I still have on my computer from when I messed with it years ago you need to edit the "MswO_Main.bflyt" found in the arc.cx in /2d/scene/MsWindow/

I don't think I have the original file on hand to remember what value I edited to increase the limit, just have my modified one which I've attached, I assume its the file where I increased the limit, who knows, was like 4 years ago :P

Thank you so much. It really helps. Do you know how to change another texts like char names?

EDIT: Differences in Hex (original vs mod. file): 00000940 0C: 8E vs FF
00000C10 04: 0E vs 0C

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Character names are in the code.bin if I recall correct.

I tested your file using text injected from vita game, and It really increase the text limit avoiding the misses (little glitch on text box and the text still surpass the little text boxes, but its not a problem, can be solved). But, on the first battle, the game crashes but IDK if its the vita injection or the file mod. EDIT: The original file has bigger text lines, and maybe its the cause of crashing (vita texts end suddenly on 3DS version: CONFIRMED).

About code.bin, I searched for the char names and not found any. Used Hex editor with japanese text support and searched for the names (I presume the names is text, right?). In other hand I found pretty weird strings referencing to VITA, PS3 and even PS2 files. IDK if I'm doing something wrong on code.bin edition.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
You didn't find any? just checked now and searching for "ロロナ" gives me 174 results, did you decompress the code.bin?

I made it a moment ago, and found the names. But when I change them the game doesnt work anymore, even if I encrypt the code.bin again. Do you have a clue about it?

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I made it a moment ago, and found the names. But when I change them the game doesnt work anymore, even if I encrypt the code.bin again. Do you have a clue about it?

Don't need to encrypt the code.bin again, did you keep the bytes the same length? so in HEX its originally "E383ADE383ADE3838A" and I changed it to "526F726F6E61000000" making sure it stays the same length by 0ing out the unneeded characters.

If you don't do this it would change the size of the code.bin and I believe the size of the code.bin is kept in the exheader so if you make it bigger or smaller it just isn't going to load, maybe?

I don't know a whole lot about translating within the code file, this is about as much as I've done in the past.

D

Deleted User

OP
Don't need to encrypt the code.bin again, did you keep the bytes the same length? so in HEX its originally "E383ADE383ADE3838A" and I changed it to "526F726F6E61000000" making sure it stays the same length by 0ing out the unneeded characters.

If you don't do this it would change the size of the code.bin and I believe the size of the code.bin is kept in the exheader so if you make it bigger or smaller it just isn't going to load, maybe?

I don't know a whole lot about translating within the code file, this is about as much as I've done in the past.

Yeah, my bad. I figured out last night. The code.bin is extremely sensitive. All char names already translated and some menu options too. Until now everithing is all right.Thank you so much for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...