Homebrew How to wirelessly transfer to DS on Windosws 10?

boomerang42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Supercard DStwo is getting finicky lately. Seems like every time I take the micro sd card out to put some files on it, I have to try putting the micro sd back in the flashcart several times before the DS will detect it. I'm very worried that continuing to take the micro sd in and out will cause the flashcart to fail completely soon.

So now I want to set things up so I can just wirelessly transfer files from the Windows 10 pc to the DS lite. And also be able to move/delete files without having to take the flashcart out of the DS too.

I know that can be done for 3DS but don't know how for DS.

I've also heard that some programs that were made to wirelessly transfer to DS can actually corrupt the micro sd card, so I'm afraid to try to figure this out myself. Last thing I want to is end up messing up my whole micro sd. Plus I don't know what would even still work on Windows 10.

So yeah, I could really, really use some guidance here. What can transfer wirelessly to ds from Windows 10, and won't corrupt the micro sd?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

There's ds homebrew like DSFTP that can do this, and you just need an FTP client installed on your pc like Filezilla

Thank you for the suggestion.:yay:

I look over it but i can´t recommend it.

Known issues
  • Acquiring DHCP - Could not connect. Please restart.
Many Homebrew Wifi apps can't connect to Access Points using DHCP. The work around is to use a fixed IP address.
  • Seems to crash at the end of a long upload
  • Upload speeds can be very slow (<1kb/sec)
  • Booting only verified to work on Supercard CF and Supercard SD.
  • Performance tested using the following clients. Performance with other clients unknown, but should work.

Confirm that i don´t get an connection to the router.
Sorry.:mellow:

Another option:

LILOU NDS:

https://masterlilou.wordpress.com/

Ther is No WEP2 support,there is no router connection.
YES you can disable your security in the Router,good luck.:D

I don´t think because of the slow WiFi connection there is an other workable solution.

Reactions: orangy57

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I do not recommend either DS FTP or Lilou Combox because of potential filesystem corruption issues. I had to reformat my miniSD card so many times due to DS FTP...

Reactions: Alexander1970

boomerang42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad that there doesn't seem to be any client for DS that doesn't have the danger of corrupting the microSD. I really wish there was just one reliable FTP client for DS, like there is for 3DS.

Unfortunately I do not recommend either DS FTP or Lilou Combox because of potential filesystem corruption issues. I had to reformat my miniSD card so many times due to DS FTP...

You've had corruptions from Lilou too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM