Tutorial  Updated

How to use your Switch as a WiiU Game Pad in Cemu using SkyNX!

Before you ask, YES THIS DOES SUPPORT MOTION CONTROLS AND TOUCH INPUT

Primer
If you have not heard of SkyNX and how to set it up, you can find the download and the instructions here.

If you don't have Cemu for emulating WiiU Games, you can find that here here.

Before we begin, note that you will need to connect your computer up to a second display, as one will be use for the gamepad. I'll try to implement a feature in the future so that this is no neccisary but for now, sadly it is.

One more thing before we continue that I feel is very important to mention here, is that we definitely don't condone piracy. Please only use games that you legitimately own.

Tutorial
Ok. With all that out of the way let the tutorial commence!
  1. First, like when streaming any game with SkyNX, set your primary monitors resolution to 1280 X 720. This will be the monitor the game pad will be on.
  2. Go ahead and start the streamer app on the desktop. And connect your switch.
  3. First go to the Options > Input Settings in the toolbar at the top of Cemu.
  4. Set your Controller 1's "Emulate Controller" option to Wii U Pro Controller.
  5. Make sure your Controller Api is set to XInput.
  6. Now also make sure your Controller is set to Controller 1 (Note if you didn't connect your switch with SkyNX in step 2, this option may not appear.)
  7. Now go ahead and start binding your buttons.
  8. Now switch to the "Controller 2" tab at the top.
  9. Do everything exactly the same, making sure Xinput is selected for controller API, and MAKE SURE the controller is ALSO set to "Controller 1"
  10. On this same controller, simply switch "Emulate Controller" to "Wii U Gamepad"
  11. To utilize motion controls, simply goto Options > GamePad Motion Source, select the first slot and check "By Slot"
  12. Now Cemu is set up and ready to go, next we will launch our game.
  13. Start your game on you second monitor.
  14. If the game is fullscreened on the first monitor, simply press ALT + ENTER to exit fullscreen, and move it to the second. pressing ALT + ENTER again will make Cemu go fullscreen again.
  15. Now got to Options on the top toolbar again, by hovering your mouse near the top of the fullscreened Cemu window on monitor 2.
  16. Click "Seperate GamePad View"
  17. Move this to your first monitor, the one that is streaming to SkyNX and press ALT + ENTER to fullscreen.
And there you go! Now you can use your Nintendo Switch as a WiiU gamepad! If you are playing with more players, SkyNX supports up to 4 connect joycon pairs! Just make sure to set them up in Options > Input settings.

I have been using it to play Twilight Princes (Which I OWN..) But obviously it can be used for alot more.

So yeah.. Thats it, have fun playing WiiU games guys!

Last edited by DevL0rd,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I used to do this using my s8, xbox controller and adapter and a app that acted as second monitor, also did the same using android on switch. Nice people can do it using HorizonOS now.

Reactions: DevL0rd

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Before you ask, YES THIS DOES SUPPORT MOTION CONTROLS AND TOUCH INPUT

Primer
If you have not heard of SkyNX and how to set it up, you can find the download and the instructions here.

If you don't have Cemu for emulating WiiU Games, you can find that here here.

Before we begin, note that you will need to connect your computer up to a second display, as one will be use for the gamepad. I'll try to implement a feature in the future so that this is no neccisary but for now, sadly it is.

One more thing before we continue that I feel is very important to mention here, is that we definitely don't condone piracy. Please only use games that you legitimately own.

Tutorial
Ok. With all that out of the way let the tutorial commence!
  1. First, like when streaming any game with SkyNX, set your primary monitors resolution to 1280 X 720. This will be the monitor the game pad will be on.
  2. Go ahead and start the streamer app on the desktop. And connect your switch.
  3. First go to the Options > Input Settings in the toolbar at the top of Cemu.
  4. Set your Controller 1's "Emulate Controller" option to Wii U Pro Controller.
  5. Make sure your Controller Api is set to XInput.
  6. Now also make sure your Controller is set to Controller 1 (Note if you didn't connect your switch with SkyNX in step 2, this option may not appear.)
  7. Now go ahead and start binding your buttons.
  8. Now switch to the "Controller 2" tab at the top.
  9. Do everything exactly the same, making sure Xinput is selected for controller API, and MAKE SURE the controller is ALSO set to "Controller 1"
  10. On this same controller, simply switch "Emulate Controller" to "Wii U Gamepad"
  11. To utilize motion controls, simply goto Options > GamePad Motion Source, select the first slot and check "By Slot"
  12. Now Cemu is set up and ready to go, next we will launch our game.
  13. Start your game on you second monitor.
  14. If the game is fullscreened on the first monitor, simply press ALT + ENTER to exit fullscreen, and move it to the second. pressing ALT + ENTER again will make Cemu go fullscreen again.
  15. Now got to Options on the top toolbar again, by hovering your mouse near the top of the fullscreened Cemu window on monitor 2.
  16. Click "Seperate GamePad View"
  17. Move this to your first monitor, the one that is streaming to SkyNX and press ALT + ENTER to fullscreen.
And there you go! Now you can use your Nintendo Switch as a WiiU gamepad! If you are playing with more players, SkyNX supports up to 4 connect joycon pairs! Just make sure to set them up in Options > Input settings.

I have been using it to play Twilight Princes (Which I OWN..) But obviously it can be used for alot more.

So yeah.. Thats it, have fun playing WiiU games guys!
My laptop only recognizes 1 monitor, the one that's built in. The Switch is just a mirror of it.

SkyDark719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying the motion feature and it works so well with Cemu!

And I'm also waiting for second display support with one monitor on Switch :).

About this, I'm trying to use your DSU Client on Dolphin, but does not work. You have any plans to add gyro to other emulators like this?

LeviDL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

About this, I'm trying to use your DSU Client on Dolphin, but does not work. You have any plans to add gyro to other emulators like this?

I asked him about this yesterday in regards to Citra (both use the DSU client from the UDP server). He said he'd work on it! :-)
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxi...as_a_wiiu_game_pad_in_cemu/folnu17/?context=3

DevL0rd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

make sure you update your streamer if it is oudated. And yes but So busy rn working on everything else XD

I'll get to it after these bug fixes because emulators are my jam

SkyDark719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
make sure you update your streamer if it is oudated. And yes but So busy rn working on everything else XD

I'll get to it after these bug fixes because emulators are my jam

Thanks for your hard efforts!
With the new update of motion control of mouse, I tested it on Dolphin and it really works on some games.

Last edited by SkyDark719,
Reactions: LeviDL

DevL0rd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your hard efforts!
With the new update of motion control of mouse, I tested it on Dolphin and it really works on some games.
I have not tested on dolphin. What things does it have issues with?
Edit:
Oh you mean with the mouse. Naah I have to do it more proper than that ;D

Last edited by DevL0rd,

SkyDark719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have not tested on dolphin. What things does it have issues with?
Edit:
Oh you mean with the mouse. Naah I have to do it more proper than that ;D
Yeah, with the motion attached to the mouse works fine the IR sensor of Wiimote at least :)

The issues I had with DSU on Dolphin were the unable to binding keys to the controllers, and gyro doesn't work well when I see that in the option of the emulator.

Last edited by SkyDark719,

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After looking into it Desmume (DS emulator) let's you do the same thing as cemu but... only for the Mac version. So if anyone out there has a mac and wants to test it out you can do the same thing with DS games.

AndyAnimator

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried everything in the instructions. But once I get to the Controller two option I don't see ""Options > GamePad Motion Source"". Do you mean the Controller API? Do I need to use a DSUClient with SkyNX?
I'm on 1.18.1 for Cemu.
Liking so far what SkyNX has to offer so far! :)

SkyDark719

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried everything in the instructions. But once I get to the Controller two option I don't see ""Options > GamePad Motion Source"". Do you mean the Controller API? Do I need to use a DSUClient with SkyNX?
I'm on 1.18.1 for Cemu.
Liking so far what SkyNX has to offer so far! :)
I'm was in the same situation. You only need to download Cemuhook 0.5.7.3 (the version that is compatible with Cemu 1.18.1), and move the dll files to the folder of the emulator, and you'll see that option.
In my case works instantly on Cemu with the DSUClient that SkyNX provides :)

Reactions: Karathan

AndyAnimator

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm was in the same situation. You only need to download Cemuhook 0.5.7.3 (the version that is compatible with Cemu 1.18.1), and move the dll files to the folder of the emulator, and you'll see that option.
In my case works instantly on Cemu with the DSUClient that SkyNX provides :)

That worked, thanks so much! :)

Reactions: SkyDark719

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.