Tutorial  Updated

How to use your Switch as a WiiU Game Pad in Cemu using SkyNX!

Before you ask, YES THIS DOES SUPPORT MOTION CONTROLS AND TOUCH INPUT

Primer
If you have not heard of SkyNX and how to set it up, you can find the download and the instructions here.

If you don't have Cemu for emulating WiiU Games, you can find that here here.

Before we begin, note that you will need to connect your computer up to a second display, as one will be use for the gamepad. I'll try to implement a feature in the future so that this is no neccisary but for now, sadly it is.

One more thing before we continue that I feel is very important to mention here, is that we definitely don't condone piracy. Please only use games that you legitimately own.

Tutorial
Ok. With all that out of the way let the tutorial commence!
  1. First, like when streaming any game with SkyNX, set your primary monitors resolution to 1280 X 720. This will be the monitor the game pad will be on.
  2. Go ahead and start the streamer app on the desktop. And connect your switch.
  3. First go to the Options > Input Settings in the toolbar at the top of Cemu.
  4. Set your Controller 1's "Emulate Controller" option to Wii U Pro Controller.
  5. Make sure your Controller Api is set to XInput.
  6. Now also make sure your Controller is set to Controller 1 (Note if you didn't connect your switch with SkyNX in step 2, this option may not appear.)
  7. Now go ahead and start binding your buttons.
  8. Now switch to the "Controller 2" tab at the top.
  9. Do everything exactly the same, making sure Xinput is selected for controller API, and MAKE SURE the controller is ALSO set to "Controller 1"
  10. On this same controller, simply switch "Emulate Controller" to "Wii U Gamepad"
  11. To utilize motion controls, simply goto Options > GamePad Motion Source, select the first slot and check "By Slot"
  12. Now Cemu is set up and ready to go, next we will launch our game.
  13. Start your game on you second monitor.
  14. If the game is fullscreened on the first monitor, simply press ALT + ENTER to exit fullscreen, and move it to the second. pressing ALT + ENTER again will make Cemu go fullscreen again.
  15. Now got to Options on the top toolbar again, by hovering your mouse near the top of the fullscreened Cemu window on monitor 2.
  16. Click "Seperate GamePad View"
  17. Move this to your first monitor, the one that is streaming to SkyNX and press ALT + ENTER to fullscreen.
And there you go! Now you can use your Nintendo Switch as a WiiU gamepad! If you are playing with more players, SkyNX supports up to 4 connect joycon pairs! Just make sure to set them up in Options > Input settings.

I have been using it to play Twilight Princes (Which I OWN..) But obviously it can be used for alot more.

So yeah.. Thats it, have fun playing WiiU games guys!

Last edited by DevL0rd,

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a method to get this to work on an official (Hacked) Wii U?
My Wii U Gamepad analog sticks has massive drift issues. :(

(I didn't read this post assuming it's for just CEMU. So if it's up there.... I didn't see it.)

And would anyone know of a remedy? I know of homebrew on Wii U that lets me use other controllers on Wii U but none emulate the Gamepad. :/

Brayton1-7

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States

(I didn't read this post assuming it's for just CEMU. So if it's up there.... I didn't see it.)

And would anyone know of a remedy? I know of homebrew on Wii U that lets me use other controllers on Wii U but none emulate the Gamepad. :/
Using DRC-SIM should work if you load Ubuntu onto your Switch, or you might need to use a PC.
https://github.com/rolandoislas/drc-sim
https://gbatemp.net/threads/l4t-ubuntu-a-fully-featured-linux-on-your-switch.537301/

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a switch but this seems really cool! Can you upload a demonstration video of how it performs so I can see it in action?

jayymonroe96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Devl0rd, did you ever figure out how to use this with only a single monitor? I'm stuck on a laptop without a second display, but I would love to be able to do this..

Eijr

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey I have an issue. Motion controls arent working with Cemu. The first slot for motion controls says USB PAD 00:00;00:00:FF, and when I click by slot, motion controls still don't work. Do I need a sensor bar or?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been a while, but is there an equivalent method for doing this Linux? I tried running SkyNX via Wine, using Moonlight and adding Cemu to Steam to use Steam Remote Play but I've had no luck.

BlackWolfNC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you ask, YES THIS DOES SUPPORT MOTION CONTROLS AND TOUCH INPUT

Primer
If you have not heard of SkyNX and how to set it up, you can find the download and the instructions here.

If you don't have Cemu for emulating WiiU Games, you can find that here here.

Before we begin, note that you will need to connect your computer up to a second display, as one will be use for the gamepad. I'll try to implement a feature in the future so that this is no neccisary but for now, sadly it is.

One more thing before we continue that I feel is very important to mention here, is that we definitely don't condone piracy. Please only use games that you legitimately own.

Tutorial
Ok. With all that out of the way let the tutorial commence!
  1. First, like when streaming any game with SkyNX, set your primary monitors resolution to 1280 X 720. This will be the monitor the game pad will be on.
  2. Go ahead and start the streamer app on the desktop. And connect your switch.
  3. First go to the Options > Input Settings in the toolbar at the top of Cemu.
  4. Set your Controller 1's "Emulate Controller" option to Wii U Pro Controller.
  5. Make sure your Controller Api is set to XInput.
  6. Now also make sure your Controller is set to Controller 1 (Note if you didn't connect your switch with SkyNX in step 2, this option may not appear.)
  7. Now go ahead and start binding your buttons.
  8. Now switch to the "Controller 2" tab at the top.
  9. Do everything exactly the same, making sure Xinput is selected for controller API, and MAKE SURE the controller is ALSO set to "Controller 1"
  10. On this same controller, simply switch "Emulate Controller" to "Wii U Gamepad"
  11. To utilize motion controls, simply goto Options > GamePad Motion Source, select the first slot and check "By Slot"
  12. Now Cemu is set up and ready to go, next we will launch our game.
  13. Start your game on you second monitor.
  14. If the game is fullscreened on the first monitor, simply press ALT + ENTER to exit fullscreen, and move it to the second. pressing ALT + ENTER again will make Cemu go fullscreen again.
  15. Now got to Options on the top toolbar again, by hovering your mouse near the top of the fullscreened Cemu window on monitor 2.
  16. Click "Seperate GamePad View"
  17. Move this to your first monitor, the one that is streaming to SkyNX and press ALT + ENTER to fullscreen.
And there you go! Now you can use your Nintendo Switch as a WiiU gamepad! If you are playing with more players, SkyNX supports up to 4 connect joycon pairs! Just make sure to set them up in Options > Input settings.

I have been using it to play Twilight Princes (Which I OWN..) But obviously it can be used for alot more.

So yeah.. Thats it, have fun playing WiiU games guys!
Doesn't work

ML87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is not modded and I hope to keep it that way. Is there any other solution for non-modded switches like a SkyNX Eshop app?

ML87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just use Cemu.

NumanTF2

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I have two displays one is my laptop screen as gamepad view and other on my tv. The touch doesn't work with multiple screens and gamepad motion source shows the 1st one as disconnected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.