1. Demetris

Demetris Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    @Missingphy I just found some time to check what you did here and your ini is incomplete :)

Last edited by Demetris, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Missingphy

OP Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Mexico
    Hello :)
    What did I miss in the file?
    So far no users have had problems with the file in the Gbatemp download center.

3. NoobAtHacking123
    This message by NoobAtHacking123 has been removed from public view by x65943, Nov 27, 2019, Reason: Garbage.
    Nov 27, 2019 Show
  4. LGUNTILMARIO

LGUNTILMARIO Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I just read this went hunting in drawers for xBOX CONTROLLERS I stumbled on the NES {mini version)controllers which have been gathering dust . They started working off the bat plugged into a Wii remote! How awesome (old news I guess) is that though ,proper retro gaming feel now. Just wish I hadn't just spent money on other controllers when I had them bad boys in a draw all along!! Do SNES mini controllers work too? If so I'm having some of that!!

alexander1970 and Missingphy like this.
  5. Missingphy

Mexico
    Hello :)
    I'm glad this worked for u
    Haven't tested snes mini pads thou. If you try them and either work or not, I will credit you in the original post

by the way, did you use the magic-ns or just a wiimote hooked directly to the console? because i think using the magic-ns in this case is, well, a waste of money

Last edited by Missingphy, Feb 18, 2020
    alexander1970 likes this.
  6. LGUNTILMARIO

LGUNTILMARIO Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi, yes plugged into a Wii remote directly I meant. Obviously it was made that way but I was just pleasantly surprised by it. I clearly posted my little eureka moment in the wrong section /room to boot! As the only controller worse to use on Nintendont bar a gc controller would be a nes controller! Sorry and thanks ‍♂️

Missingphy likes this.
  7. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    So if I understand all of this correctly, it is impossible to use the Xbox One USB (wired) controller with Nintendont without some adapter that makes it appear to be another type of controller. Is that right? Here's the one I bought for PC gaming:

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-4N6-00001-Controller-Cable-Windows/dp/B01LPNKGGI/

I use the Wii Pro Classic Controller, but the MSFT has a slightly better feel.

Missingphy likes this.
  8. Missingphy

Mexico
    yep you are right. no wii/wiiu application supports xinput devices natively, instead, you have to make it thiink it is a dinput device such as a ps3/ps4 controller, and yes if that controller is like the original xbox 1 wireless controller, it should work with this adapter

edit: I can see that controller you are using is an original xbox one controller (the original is slightly different than the xbox one s/x controller) so that controller in your case can only be connected to the pc with the cable it comes with, or the wireless dongle bundle, no support for direct bluetooth. so yeah it should work with this tutorial

Last edited by Missingphy, Feb 21, 2020
    ChibiMofo likes this.
  9. akide73

akide73 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thank you for your help!
    I purchased the Magic-ns and it works perfectly. Would it be possible to use a single wireless adapter attached to the Magic-ns to use multiple Xbox 360 controllers simultaneously?

Last edited by akide73, Mar 19, 2020
  10. akide73

akide73 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I purchased a second magic-ns for 2-player games but after adding the second wireless Xbox 360 controller to the second Microsoft dongle it doesn't work. To connect the second magic-ns I had to use a mini hub connected to the Wii. Could this be an incompatibility issue with the hub?

11. Missingphy

Mexico
    No, unfortunately, it is only 1 controller per adapter

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I haven't tested mini hubs, but the nintendont official thread says these may or may not work

12. akide73

akide73 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I tried to put a game on the SD and I put the two Magic-ns on the 2 ports of the Wii, not using the hub. Unfortunately, the result does not change, I always see only one controller. At this point I imagine that I could try with a Cronusmax instead of a Magic-NS or using another type of controller ... What do you say?

13. Missingphy

Mexico
    try placing the .ini file on both the sd and usb, in the same directory

14. FlameKat53

FlameKat53 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    does this support the Magic S Pro or only the Magic NS?

Last edited by FlameKat53, Mar 29, 2020
  15. Missingphy

Mexico
    only magic-ns. I will later try to make an .ini for the magic s pro

16. FlameKat53

FlameKat53 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    oh sweet! I just bought a Magic NS because of your .ini haha

17. FlameKat53

FlameKat53 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ```webpage states the following in Q/A:

Q: Does it support analog triggers?
    A: Yes, it supports analog triggers in XINPUT and PS3 mode, but in NS mode, only support digital triggers```

Since the Magic NS supposedly supports analog triggers, could you add Analog triggers to your ini? Super Mario Sunshine is a pain to play without them :P

EDIT: ```2. Even if the triggers on your controller are analog, they will be registered as digital, because the adapter is intended for the Nintendo Switch, which uses digital triggers.``` hm

Last edited by FlameKat53, Apr 8, 2020
    Missingphy likes this.
  18. Copai1

Copai1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    Hello, can someone help me? I've been trying to get the HORI BATTLE PAD SWITCH 2018 ZELDA VERSION to work on Nintendont on the WII but I can't get it to work...

I created a thread last week: (if someone wants to check) https://gbatemp.net/threads/looking...&share_fid=27398&share_type=t&link_source=app where I post my progress, and I've been testing a lot of different configurations but with no luck.

I don't know if someone here has this controller and could made it work, and if you did please ping me, or at least if someone could tell me why this specific controller just doesn't work it would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my G9 using Tapatalk

19. LyuboA

LyuboA GBAtemp Regular

Bulgaria
    you will be better to get Titan Two supports every console every controller + mouse and keyboard and it has wireless capabilities to the console and controllers at the same time and many other goodies best device of that kind

20. Andrepsi

Andrepsi Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Is there a way to use alternative controls (like this Magic NS) in Wii games in vWii mode? I would like to use "normal" controls in the game Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. Or would the only option really be the classic Wii controls that connect to the Wiimote?

21. Missingphy

Mexico
    currently you can´t hook any kind of controllers to wii games unless you use dolphin

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controllers, wirelessly, Nintendont