How to use Wiikey update 1.9b

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fanka295, Sep 27, 2007.

Sep 27, 2007

How to use Wiikey update 1.9b by fanka295 at 1:59 AM (2,500 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fanka295
    OP

Newcomer fanka295 Newbie

New Zealand
    Hi! This question prolly has been asked countless times on this forum and i'm sorry for asking this again
    All I am trying to do is to get my PAL console to play a US game my counsin brought back for me. So the first thing I did was to
    get my wii modded yesterday (supposedly). Took it home, had a browse on wiikey.cn and downloaded 1.9b update and 1.3 setup files. Then I burnt the iso file 'wkupdate.1.9b.pal' onto dvd-r (using filechop to resize the file to approx 1.4GB). Put the disk into wii, pressed start on gamecube screen. Pressed reset to begin test flash, then I got stuck when it prompted press any key to continue. Pressing reset simply repeat the test flash step, what should I do (i dont have a GC controller)

2. fanka295
    OP

Newcomer fanka295 Newbie

New Zealand
    hi just thought i cld add a few more info
    1) updated to 3.0E before trying to load wiikey 1.9b
    2)used NERO for burning 1.3 setup cd
    3)is there any way I can check whether the chip was installed without opening up the machine?
    4)do i actually need to use run 1.9b update ? or that 1.3 setup cd will do fine?

3. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Don't resize the iso :S
    I did the update just using the reset button, so it is possible.

4. leocamilo

Member leocamilo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can someone help me please? I get to the screen of the update (the one with the ladies underwear) I press A to start the flashing test, then it gets to 100% and a message in red letters appears: "ERROR: test failed! check your connections and try again". I don't know what to do.... I don't know if this makes any difference, but I didn't know how to update so I used the config disk 1.3 before using the 1.9b update. Then I read that I needed to update first in order to use config disk, but what I changed only one thing ( I turned ON region override).
    So, please, someone help me. Thanks in advance.

5. shadoe

Newcomer shadoe Member

Malaysia
    I'm having the same problem! Help someone?

6. mitchondria

Newcomer mitchondria Advanced Member

Canada
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61446

thats how i installed mine, step by step.

when you extracted your 1.9b iso did you use any applications after that (to extract, convert, etc) the iso? if so dont, just extract iso, reburn with img burn and try again.