Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I'm having some problems with a LG Optimus 2x and I wanted to do a Factory Reset. I have succesfully entered the Recovery Menu and it gives me the option to "wipe data/factory reset", but I can't figure out how to select it :/ I have tried every single button, but all that happends is that with the volume buttons I can change options and with the Home Button I can only hide/show the menu. :( None of the other buttons to anything :(

Help? :)

Chalky94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends what recovery you have installed. But more often than not it's the 'sleep/wake' button to select and the 'volume rocker' to go through the options.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
It's all stock ;) I tried the "Sleep/wake button" but it does nothing :/ I tried holding it in and pressing it with different combinations off buttons :/

Chalky94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's weird because I just watched a video to make sure I was right, and even in the video the man used the 'sleep/wake' button on the top of the phone to select :/
Sorry man

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In general, it is volume buttons to navigate and power to select an option. If that does not work for you, you can try doing a factory reset from the phones Settings menu instead of via recovery menu. It should do the same thing. Go into Settings, then Privacy, then select "Factory data reset" (This could be different on your phone. On mine it is under "Storage", not "Privacy"). This is of course assuming the problems you are having do not prevent you booting the device and loading the Settings.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
In general, it is volume buttons to navigate and power to select an option. If that does not work for you, you can try doing a factory reset from the phones Settings menu instead of via recovery menu. It should do the same thing. Go into Settings, then Privacy, then select "Factory data reset" (This could be different on your phone. On mine it is under "Storage", not "Privacy"). This is of course assuming the problems you are having do not prevent you booting the device and loading the Settings.

That's the problem, I cant turn it on :( It just freezes on the booting stage :(

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is Odin not only for Samsung phones? (and also possibly outdated by Heimdall?)

Try seeing if you can get into fastboot mode, then you can use fastboot.exe to flash with.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When the menu was hiding/reappearing, did it say "(x) button disabled" or or something similar at the bottom of the screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs