How to use SSBB mods??

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by SamAsh07, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

How to use SSBB mods?? by SamAsh07 at 1:46 PM (2,516 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Well I saw many cool videos at YouTube, there was a Cloud skin in SSBB and many others. I was wondering, how can I get all these cool mods?? I know I can google the site for the mods, but my main reason of opening this topic was to ask (a really noobie question):-

Do I need a pirated copy of SSBB to install mods? Or can I install them somehow on my actual DVD (this is the only Wii game I've bought, since it deserves the money)

My Wii is 4.2U softmodded.

2. RNorthex

Member RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    you don't need a pirated copy, you just need to get a files and a patching homebrew to apply it too
    some of those are though just ocarina modifications[moveset change..]
    brawl plus+ has it's own for example, you just have to run it through it's homebrew soft

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You can use Riivolution to apply patches such as this to retail games. This is more stable than an Ocarina file replacement code.

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    1) Gecko OS + File Replacement Code v3.5.1

2) Riivolution (recommended you get the XML made for compatibility with the File Replacement Code)

3) Burn a DVD of your backed-up copy

4) USB Loader with the files replaced into the ISO OR the File Replacement Code

If you want something fun to start out with, check out Brawl Minus. It's pretty awesome, and the next version will be even wackier, i.e. Yoshi's Ghost Eggs, Ganondorf's Gandouken.

5. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Really helpful replies, thanks [​IMG]