Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't help at all. The save file is already appropriately named because it was created using a scene dump months ago. Loading the personal dump just overwrites the existing save with a blank slate. I pretty much tried everything that redkeyboard did, except trying to load the personal dump as a .3ds instead of .3DZ. I'll go try that now and report back with my findings.

ludyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know that I'm asking for something selfish, but would anyone here share a header from any dump? I'm dying to know what will happen if too many people use the same header. As I never really use online with my 3DS, i wouldn't mind being banned (well, if anyone decides to share a code they shouldn't care too)

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
I know that I'm asking for something selfish, but would anyone here share a header from any dump? I'm dying to know what will happen if too many people use the same header. As I never really use online with my 3DS, i wouldn't mind being banned (well, if anyone decides to share a code they shouldn't care too)

I'll go out tomorrow and pickup some cheap game from gamestop and upload the header.

Can anyone who has steeldiver dump their header and test and see if it works on a MK7 rom?

Reactions: ludyan

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried raw imaging the mario kart .3dz just to see what will happen and it loads the previous save but online play is disabled. Looks like Gateway might need to fix the issue.

In the mean time we should probably compile a list of headers that do work. I'm going to dump Luigi's Mansion and check whether importing the header allows online play.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried raw imaging the mario kart .3dz just to see what will happen and it loads the previous save but online play is disabled. Looks like Gateway might need to fix the issue.
I ended up in the same boat as you trying to load my Bravely Default personal dump as a .3ds file. It didn't overwrite the existing save, but online access was still disabled. I get the feeling that the only viable workaround is going to end up being a save (de/re)encryption tool. I have one last little trick to attempt before I give up on this. I'm going to dump the save from my retail copy to see if its filesize is 512KB like Mario Kart 7, and attempt to transfer my current save back onto my retail cart. Be back in a few minutes with my findings.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested Luigi's Mansion (1024MB) (USA) to Mario Kart 7 (1024MB) and it works, while New Super Mario Bros 2 (512MB) (USA) did not work.

Based on this post and my results, It looks like the transferring of headers is dependent on the size of the rom.

Now to solve the save issue, I e-mailed Gateway about it, I suggest a few others do the same too.

Reactions: phanteon

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned this in the huge thread, but I tried doing the same thing with a New Super Mario Bros 2 dump to a Mario Kart 7 dump and rename it to 3dz I get the message similar to playing SDK5+ games on GW 1.2

Nintendo-3DS-Error-Black-Screen-Of-Death-Reported.jpg

Interestingly enough if I keep it as .3DS the rom runs, but I can't play online.

I tried using the header from Super Mario 3D Land onto Mario Kart 7 and ran into the same error

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up in the same boat as you trying to load my Bravely Default personal dump as a .3ds file. It didn't overwrite the existing save, but online access was still disabled. I get the feeling that the only viable workaround is going to end up being a save (de/re)encryption tool. I have one last little trick to attempt before I give up on this. I'm going to dump the save from my retail copy to see if its filesize is 512KB like Mario Kart 7, and attempt to transfer my current save back onto my retail cart. Be back in a few minutes with my findings.
Didn't work. I'm done trying to get this to work.:hateit:
I'll just wait for save decryption to become a reality so I can go online with Bravely Default, as I've already put in 101 hrs.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if its possible to release a tool with cart id's for each size and you can choose which one to inject into a scene rom

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just my luck i have animal crossing and donkey kong contry retail cards left at home so i cant test this for another 2 months...
that would have given me a card 2 and card 1 header that i could have tired to export onto roms

Argeoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Mario kart 7 works with Bokujou Monogatari Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi JPN header. So importing header from other region don't seem to matter.
Hoping to find a card2 header Anyone? :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi