Hacking how to use rinCheat?

kavevi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me with this ? i load the plugin successfully but whenever i tried to search for a value it always come up no matches but the value i use is the money value in game.
here is how i did it.
Game: Dragon's crown
money: 1909
i open the cheat menu and chose 4 bit, i converted the 1909 to hex which is 0775, i put this 0775 to search value and do absolute search but nothing come up.
what did i do wrong?
and i heard of Ram Mode, but whenever i opened up the cheatlist it always MMC mode, how do i switch to Ram Mode ?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me with this ? i load the plugin successfully but whenever i tried to search for a value it always come up no matches but the value i use is the money value in game.
here is how i did it.
i open the cheat menu and chose 4 bit, i converted the 1909 to hex which is 0775, i put this 0775 to search value and do absolute search but nothing come up.
what did i do wrong?
and i heard of Ram Mode, but whenever i opened up the cheatlist it always MMC mode, how do i switch to Ram Mode ?
Maybe is not hex but decimal? Also did you mean 4 bytes? as in 8 character text? EX (0xXXXXXXXX)

Reactions: jastolze

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not heard of rincheat.

Anyways, I think money is usually 16 or 32 bit. It depends on the max value.
8 bit = 255 max
16 bit = 66535 max
32 bit = 4294836225 max

I've not heard of 4 bit cheating but then again I'm new to cheat making...

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not heard of rincheat.

Anyways, I think money is usually 16 or 32 bit. It depends on the max value.
8 bit = 255 max
16 bit = 66535 max
32 bit = 4294836225 max

I've not heard of 4 bit cheating but then again I'm new to cheat making...
8 bit = 1 byte
16 bit = 2 byte
32 bit = 4 byte.

I think he meant 4 byte :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes 4 byte, i tried dec too it didnt come up :(
Is possible is programmed different ways.

Not everything is common programmed. One thing you would see is for example.

Current gold 9999
So you would think to do decimal search of 2 bytes and search 9999 gold, with no result. You could think perhaps is hex and not dec so then do hex search and still no result. Well what else could it be?

Well you have 9999 gold and you did the only two l.ogical things but perhaps try again. You noticed that 2 byte searches are looking for 2 addresses combined together EX( 0x2222-XXXX instead of 1 byte 0x444444-XX)

So that is the difference, perhaps is not like that at all. It could be something very different and i seen it a few times but each address is it own nunber of the digit. See this example if you would look at a hex editor.
0x22222220 09 09 09 09
While the address is 0x22222220 With each number nine holding its own specific address as shown like this
20 = 09
21 = 09
20 = 09
22 = 09

Hope it make sense. Some games actually do that i seen before which to me is mystery but is uncommon.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when I try running RinCheat on my Vita, the menu doesn't open. Do only certain games work at the moment? I'm using Killzone: Mercenary. I followed the instructions well too but still nothing...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when I try running RinCheat on my Vita, the menu doesn't open. Do only certain games work at the moment? I'm using Killzone: Mercenary. I followed the instructions well too but still nothing...
I wouldn't know, is the first i heard of cheats for vita. The close i got to cheating on PS vita was using a save editor for ps3 called game genie by hyperkin on a game with cross platform play such as Blazblue continumm shift extend or metal gear solid or dragons crown. Since is a save editor for ps3 i used it on there then upload save to cloud then download on vita and continue. But That is all i know. This rincheat you metioned is the first i heard of it since waking up this morning 4 hours ago :P

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
here is how i did it.
what did i do wrong?

Download the beta1fix version from Github. I forgot to actually update the matches value ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/rinCheat/commit/bfa8542ad4f5ec5ed4c86f9b8dfcc0ba0d058930 )

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only vitamin dumps.
Oh okay then.:blink:
Hopes that changes soon. I don't think people wanna dump a game already installed from PSN to just enable such features especially the game is like over 2GB on the memory card, another 2GB to dump and then 2GB to install.

(*******) :nayps3:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Tony_93

kavevi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the beta1fix version from Github. I forgot to actually update the matches value ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/rinCheat/commit/bfa8542ad4f5ec5ed4c86f9b8dfcc0ba0d058930 )

I downloaded this fix but still the same problem
i tried both 2byte and 4 byte of the search value 0775 (1909 gold) no match show up
i also tried a different game which is Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, the currency value was 12000 which would be 2EE0, i searched for this value in the cheat system but no match show up again.

Thank you for all of your hard work!!!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Nice job Rin! How do you make these? Are you a software developer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i tried both 2byte and 4 byte of the search value 0775 (1909 gold) no match show up
i also tried a different game which is Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, the currency value was 12000 which would be 2EE0, i searched for this value in the cheat system but no match show up again.

Is it like a gateshark tool? You shoild try 16bit one.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

You sure you actually downloaded the beta1_fix and not the beta1?

Nice job Rin! How do you make these? Are you a software developer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it like a gateshark tool? You shoild try 16bit one.

I'm an university student, i actually don't work.

jonlad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi Rinnegatamante

Thank you for the awesome tool!

I want to swap out to a new larger memory card but I cant find the correct process for using Rincheats game save export feature. Is the following method correct?

1. Export the game saves using Rincheat (Do you select which game save to export or does it export all game saves?)
2. Install new memory card
3. Reinstall games on new memory card (do we need to create a new in-game save to create the save location on the new memory card?)
4. Import game saves using Rincheat

Does Rincheat import the game save into the correct location automatically or do we need specify the correct location?

Sorry if this all seems obvious but I have hunted for the correct process and want to make sure I get the correct method so I dont lose my save data

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by jonlad,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I am pressing start+select but nothing is happening.

I put the exact files to exact location but still nothing happened.

Last edited by aos10,
Reactions: Blue24

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released