Hacking How to use Port 1

blargy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone quickly explain to me how to recognize a hard drive plugged into port 1? I have tried installing wananiko's cios rev10 per some advice I read on this forum. Then when I try to use usb loader gx and config usb loader they don't detect a harddrive. I wonder if maybe I need to use an older version of the usb loaders as well? My usb port 0 is destroyed and I'd rather not go out and purchase a new wii because of it. Thanks.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought Rev10 was the first revision that cared about which port the hard drive was plugged into. I'm fairly certain that Rev9 supports both ports. The USB Loader shouldn't care, as it runs in an environment using whatever cIOS you have installed.

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i have the similar problem.
i have cios rev. 14 and when i pluged it to port 0 the usb loadr (any of them) dont recognize my HD, only when i plug it to port 1 all the usb loader tell me to switch to port 0, then when i plug it to port 0 it works.

strange problem.... any one?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure cIOSrev10 and above support USB loading

hai_haifa said:
i have the similar problem.
i have cios rev. 14 and when i pluged it to port 0 the usb loadr (any of them) dont recognize my HD, only when i plug it to port 1 all the usb loader tell me to switch to port 0, then when i plug it to port 0 it works.

strange problem.... any one?
sounds like a hard drive problem not a cIOS problem.

blargy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so rev10 starts support of usb loading, does it support loading directly from port 1 or not? if so, how do I get it to work?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rev9 usb support
rev10 sd support
rev12 only support for bottom port

Somebody made a mod of Hermes cIOS that uses the top port because his bottom port is also broken, search for it here, maybe you are lucky.

blargy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried 9 and 10. I could not find the hermes mod, just a post saying it could be done. If you could point me towards that I'd appreciate it. The harddrive was working on the bottom port back when that port was functional so I don't think that is the problem, though maybe there is better support in later versions.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
WiiPower said:
rev9 usb support
rev10 sd support
rev12 only support for bottom port

Somebody made a mod of Hermes cIOS that uses the top port because his bottom port is also broken, search for it here, maybe you are lucky.

Yes and that "somebody" is Hermes...
wink.gif

You can use port1 with uLoader 3.2 "special ed"

http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_3.2_port1.rar

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckily hermes was nice enough to let us load our own mload and ech stuff with his IOS. you can make your own mload.elf based off his sources but switch the ports. look at tiny_echi_glue.c in the mload stuff. from there you can choose to build a IOS with that in it and install it. but this will only work for some apps.

for example, usbloader GX loads a mload elf whenever it reloads ios222. it does let you load a elf from a sd card, but if there isnt one there that has been changed to load from the other port, the program can load a mload.elf that is compiled within itself and then you would be back to using the wrong usb port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn