How to use Opera and 3-in-1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GatorDeb, Jul 26, 2007.

Jul 26, 2007

How to use Opera and 3-in-1? by GatorDeb at 6:15 PM (1,269 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. GatorDeb
    OP

Member GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've searched and I see patch this, and patch that, and people posting they get it, etc, but I haven't gotten mine to work.

I have the R4DS, Opera file. I have the 3-in-1. I have the dldi file. I have the latest firmware. I keep getting the same message with the E Opera browser: Please insert the memory expansion pack.

Help? Thanks [​IMG]

2. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    Do you have the Triforce patched Opera ? Get that first. Then open the EZ 3-in-1 program. Press R 2 times to go to Rumble/Expansion menu. Choose Expension Ram and the system will soft reset. Now open the Patched Opera. Voila !! You have to choose it each time before you use Opera though. Keep that in mind.

3. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

Not to discourage you, but I've got a R4 and supercard (SD) and I've never gotten it to work.

I did everything 'right' (checked checksums of rom etc) but it never did work, and I am not alone.

You can see my full topic here.

I realize that's not the same as the 3-in-1 but I don't want you to spend as much time as I did for nothing. Check if you're using the rom with the correct checksum, and if it doesn't work, just forget it.

Edit:
    If filozof is right, I never said anything [​IMG]

4. aZnXrAvEr

Member aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, don't get the triforce patch. That is to make Opera work with a slot-2 card, like M3 or Supercard SD.

What you need to get the 3-in-1 to work with the R4 is the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, made by Rudolph. Get it here: http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/3in1_ExpPack/

Launch the tool, press R twice, select Expansion RAM. It will reset and then you can start the DS Browser.

5. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    I didn't know about that. I used to have an M3 SD before buying and 3-in-1 and I never changed the patched Opera. And it worked too.

6. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    That's because all the Triforce patch does is unlocks the RAM for an M3... does nothing on a 3in1, but the RAM is still available.

7. GatorDeb
    OP

United States
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!! [​IMG]

I had read that the newest R4 firmware gets rid of the need to patch, so I ran the 3-in-1 tool program, R, R, Expansion pack, then clicked on the RAW Europe Opera rom and IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY. You are so awesome [​IMG] Thanks again!

Since we seem to be on the same wavelength, do you have an easy-to-follow guide to using the expansion pack to play GBA? [​IMG]

8. aZnXrAvEr

Member aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here's a good tutorial by silleypatterson, from Romulation.net

9. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

If you unplug and plug in the 3 in 1 while the opera error message is showing it should switch over automaticly and do a soft reset (slightly faster if you forget to do the 3 in 1 tool the first time)

10. GatorDeb
    OP

United States
    Tried this and it didn't work.

aZnXrAvEr: Thanks! Got GBA up and running, without needing to patch the GBA ROM. Don't like any of the 32 meg roms laying around so I'm good to go with the PSRAM.

Is there any way to go back to the main menu from the browser or the GBA games once loaded? I saw a menu on the top screen when the GBA was playing but no way to get to it.

Thanks everyone for the help! [​IMG]

11. Hyzera

Newcomer Hyzera Member

United States
    i dont get it...what do i download on Rudolph's site? I downloaded "3in1 Expansion Pack Tool v1.9 (2007/6/21)" and i put the .nds file onto my R4, and when i load the nds file, it says "3in1 Expansion pack not found. Please redo from start. (A): to confirm" I press "A" and the DS shuts down.