Hacking How to use emuMMC on hacked switch that is "dirty" with backup

itaital

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have hacked switch that I already install custom games and app without using emuMMC (for my understanding ihe is dirty)
P.S I never connect the switch to the internet

I also save backup of my clean NAND before, my question is if I can backup all what I have at the switch restore the clean NAND and than use emuMMC for custom staff?

And after that I want to enter the internet with the clean NAND can I do it or there is already a log?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you didn't connect to the internet after creating the backup, restoring it should be save.

You could create an emunand from your current nand, that way it would keep using the current data on the emunand, and restore the sysnand with the backup afterwards, or you could do the restoring and updating first and start completely fresh on the emunand.

If you updated the sysnand (e. g. Via gamecard) without using autorcm after creating the backup, you might not be able to do a clean boot at first, after restoring the sysnand. In that case you could just boot either hekates stock mode, or just the normal clean atmosphere and do a normal update via nintendos servers.

You could also update offline only via daybreak.
Either way just make sure you are using a clean hekate/Atmosphere with default settings while on the sysnand, just to keep the sysnand clean.

Some extra info:
The logs are only important, when they were already send to nintendo.
This is because nintendo does some comparison with what they last received when new logs get uploaded, and if things are suddenly missing they flag a console. They also check for other things like invalid titleids (homebrew forwarders) and invalid error codes and maybe more.
The logs being send stay when you do a system reset in the os, so just deleting them also flags a console for a ban, since that can not happen.
But in your case, like I mentioned, it should be save to restore the nand backup.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hacked switch that I already install custom games and app without using emuMMC (for my understanding ihe is dirty)
P.S I never connect the switch to the internet

I also save backup of my clean NAND before, my question is if I can backup all what I have at the switch restore the clean NAND and than use emuMMC for custom staff?

And after that I want to enter the internet with the clean NAND can I do it or there is already a log?
It doesn't matter if you make emuMMC before or after restoring your clean eMMC backup. What matters is that you restore your clean eMMC backup prior to going online.

Reactions: kidkat210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1