Homebrew How To Use Emulators On My M3DS Real?

cartooncreator9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an M3DS Real Perfect Bundle and I'm just getting used to it. I want to use some emulators (NES,SNES,GB,GBC) with roms. If someone can enlighten me on the procedures needed to use them properly, that would help me out alot.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, the emulators. You'll want nesDS for NES games, SNEmulDS for SNES games, and Lameboy for GB/GBC games.

Copy the emulators to the root of your memory card (they won't work if you put them anywhere else). For nesDS and Lameboy you just need the .nds files. For SNEmulDS you need both the .nds and .cfg files.

Create a folder in the root of your memory card and name it SNES (note the caps). SNES roms go in that folder.

GB/GBC roms can go anywhere on the card, but if you create a folder called Lameboy (also in the root of the memory card) and put them in there the emulator will find them automatically.

NES roms can go in any folder.

SNEmulDS works fairly well for a lot of games, but you need to fiddle with the settings to get many games to a playable state.

In both nesDS and Lameboy you must write the save data to the save file manually (I'm not sure if you need to do this in SNEmulDS). Save normally in the game, then use the 'Save SRAM' option in nesDS, or press X in Lameboy.

You can bring up the menu in nesDS by touching the touch screen.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Copy the emulators to the root of your memory card (they won't work if you put them anywhere else). For nesDS and Lameboy you just need the .nds files. For SNEmulDS you need both the .nds and .cfg files.

thats a lie. i only have the snemul.cfg in my root, none of the nds files of these 3 emulators is in my root dir

animethunder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
coming soon
XP
Country
United States
i use snesds, and X button says that it saves it to the SAV file. I turned it off and runned it again and my progress was gone
wtf.gif
. What does it really do? should i switch to SNEmulDS?

cartooncreator9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your responses, I figured it out and was able to get the emulators working. The only one I'm having difficulty with is the SNEmulDS. Some games are difficult to configure accurate screen positions and stuff like that, but I'll keep tweeking it until I get it close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: