How To Use Emulators On My M3DS Real?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by cartooncreator9, Dec 20, 2007.

Dec 20, 2007
  1. cartooncreator9
    OP

Newcomer cartooncreator9 Newbie

United States
    I just bought an M3DS Real Perfect Bundle and I'm just getting used to it. I want to use some emulators (NES,SNES,GB,GBC) with roms. If someone can enlighten me on the procedures needed to use them properly, that would help me out alot.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    First, the emulators. You'll want nesDS for NES games, SNEmulDS for SNES games, and Lameboy for GB/GBC games.

Copy the emulators to the root of your memory card (they won't work if you put them anywhere else). For nesDS and Lameboy you just need the .nds files. For SNEmulDS you need both the .nds and .cfg files.

Create a folder in the root of your memory card and name it SNES (note the caps). SNES roms go in that folder.

GB/GBC roms can go anywhere on the card, but if you create a folder called Lameboy (also in the root of the memory card) and put them in there the emulator will find them automatically.

NES roms can go in any folder.

SNEmulDS works fairly well for a lot of games, but you need to fiddle with the settings to get many games to a playable state.

In both nesDS and Lameboy you must write the save data to the save file manually (I'm not sure if you need to do this in SNEmulDS). Save normally in the game, then use the 'Save SRAM' option in nesDS, or press X in Lameboy.

You can bring up the menu in nesDS by touching the touch screen.

3. mrgone

Member mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    thats a lie. i only have the snemul.cfg in my root, none of the nds files of these 3 emulators is in my root dir

4. animethunder

Newcomer animethunder Advanced Member

United States
    i use snesds, and X button says that it saves it to the SAV file. I turned it off and runned it again and my progress was gone [​IMG] . What does it really do? should i switch to SNEmulDS?

5. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Hey.. He wasn't lying.
    He was simply mistaken.. Nothing wrong with that. [​IMG]

animethunder: SnesDS is crap compared to SNEmulDS... Switch nao!

~Nero

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Unless they fixed that little problem with the M3/G6 Real, I was neither mistaken nor lying. It doesn't matter on any other flashcart, just those two.

7. cartooncreator9
    OP

Newcomer cartooncreator9 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for all your responses, I figured it out and was able to get the emulators working. The only one I'm having difficulty with is the SNEmulDS. Some games are difficult to configure accurate screen positions and stuff like that, but I'll keep tweeking it until I get it close.