Hacking How to use DVDX?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it using the latest Homebrew channel, but I don't see an app or channel to launch it.

My goal is to play legit DVD's on my Wii, if you have an alternate method, please share.

Thanks.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Playing retail DVDs via either WiiMC or Mplayer CE currently isnt all that great. Your better off just watching it on a real dvd player. They are great for playing xvid files tho!

Also I don't think either of them use DVDx anymore as its officially unsupported now and they use other exploits to access the dvd drive.

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no other option... I don't have a DVD player and my laptop doesn't have a disc drive.

DVDx is still installed, even if it's not supported anymore, how do I use it? (or at least attempt to)

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
w!! said:
Download and use Mplayer_CE or WiiMC.
QUOTE(haloman800 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:14 PM) I tried both, when I try to open the DVD, it just freezes. 4.0 Wii
Did you install the required IOS for each program as well? MPlayer_CE will need a version of IOS202. I recommend using Hermes' V4 cIOS installer, and installing cIOS222 using an IOS38 base. WiiMC uses the AHBPROT feature of the latest HBC for low-level DVD access and IOS58 for USB2 speed. So you need to have HBC v1.08 installed and and should have IOS58 installed. You can get the HackMii installer for HBC here, and a great IOS58 installer here.

-[]D

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Crass said:
Playing retail DVDs via either WiiMC or Mplayer CE currently isnt all that great. Your better off just watching it on a real dvd player. They are great for playing xvid files tho!

Also I don't think either of them use DVDx anymore as its officially unsupported now and they use other exploits to access the dvd drive.

Playing dvd's is fine with m player or wiimc...I'm playing my lick library multichapter menu dvd''s with them.

Iso streaming ...well that's another story. one day it works, next day it won't, following day, works! etc.etc.etc.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pippin666 said:
DVDx is also used by FTPii btw.

Pip'

Just use Wiixplorer. Keep this in mind though....

"FTP Server doesn't work for Ethernet-Adapters (maybe for some Wifis too) if you install IOS202 v5 based on IOS57. Also there is no Channel list in the StartMenu with that.
It is recommended to use the very old Hermes IOS202v2 base 36 merged 60 for the FTP to work. You'll have all features of WiiXplorer with it. If this doesn't work try another variant of it like v4 base 38 merged 60. If you don't want the old version installed on your Wii (which gives no disadvantages btw) live with FTP Server not working!!"

So, NO need for dvdx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr