How to use DS as Phone?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SkH, Jun 3, 2008.

1. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Hello there

I want to know how can I use my DS as a Phone, OK I got some tutorials, but when I set it up, can I "steal" the Net and can I make some calls?

Thanks in advance!

2. Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

GBAtemp Patron
    Frederica Bernkastel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 31, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Hinamizawa
    wow, you can use the DS as a phone?
    SOMEONE EXPLAIN!

3. pepsibluehawk87

pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere yet nowhere
    Well, first you need a program like SvSIP.

4. misanthrope

misanthrope Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2008
    Mexico
    - Find an open wireless router or a hotspot

Other than that you would need to crack WEP security ( I don't think you'll succeed at WPA honestly ) and I think that is well beyond the scope. Basically if you cannot find a hot spot you need to go into the realm of hacking at which point you'd need a laptop which could make the calls anyway so it would be self defeating.

5. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    its rly easy to set up. the problem is u need to set up an account at websites that do voip, but those usually cost $$. anyone no any free ones?

6. Narin

Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

Former Staff
    Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    I looked, albeit not to hard and theres no free VOIP providers that support SIP and such. Remember folks, it costs money calling a telephone line. The government in the US alone taxes the hell out of telephone providers.

7. SkH
    OP

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Well what I wanted to know if the hotspot need a special program on the PC or not, so I can use a hotspot, or a unprotected Wi-Fi Router.

Anyways, as for the Provider, there's a free one: http://www.voipbuster.com/

8. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Voipbuster is only free for a few minutes. They say they give you an hour of free talk time, but they must also count the number of calls you make or something since I got shut off after several 3-minute calls.

That said though, you can keep making new accounts with no retribution.

9. JDMEVOIXMR

JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
  10. PanzerWF

PanzerWF GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2007
    Canada
    I've tried using this, and I hope this keeps getting developed into something worthwhile. So far, I can seem to talk on the DS fine, but I can't seem to hear the other person's voice clearly. Just comes through as a sst-sst sound.

Probably my distance from the Wifi Point, or it's just not that great yet, oh well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice