Tutorial How to use devMenu on 4.0.0 - 5.1.0. (Offline)

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are on 5.1.0, I recommend installing Hulu through the eshop before you begin. I can almost guarantee that this will ban your system if you connect online. This also requires you to have installed this. And please DON'T comment saying there is a devMenu nsp, it only works on 5.1.0, and this guide is meant to work on all firms with sig patches. DO NOT USE THIS FOR PIRACY, SUPPORT THE DEVS BY BUYING THEIR GAMES.

What does devMenu let you do?
It lets you install NSPs.

What makes it different from tinfoil?
It lets you install updates.

What makes this method any better than the Pokémon Quest method?
It has works on versions other than 5.1.0, it takes up less space, and it replaces an app that you are less likely to use.

What could I use this for?
Installing backups of games you own, or updates. I personally got it to install updates for my games, as I am on 4.1.0, and staying there for now.

Instructions:

1. Download the devMenu zip file. (I can't link it here, but I can point you towards the location. My name is Lunalik Person on Facebook, check my posts at your own discretion.)

2. Extract the contents to the root of your switch's sd card.

3. Insert your sd card into your switch.

4. Boot into RCM mode, and send the latest hekate payload (if you don't know how to boot into RCM mode, or send a payload, look here).

5. Select LayeredFS in the list of firmwares, and unlock it once it is done booting.

*You can skip steps 6 - 8 if you already have installed Hulu*

6. Open the album to enter hb-menu, and launch tinfoil

7. Select Title Management, Install NSP, then Hulu

8. Once it is done installing, press B to go back, then press Home

9. Now launch Hulu and watch as devMenu loads instead

10. Profit

As I mentioned earlier, don't connect online, and don't pirate. If you are wondering where to get the Hulu NSP, it is in the zip file. Also you may notice that there is no way of launching Hulu with devMenu in place. CFW without Layered will give an error, so will OFW (if you installed Hulu through the eshop, OFW should work). Enjoy :)

Last edited by Lunalik,

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if there a way to install devMenu as an NSP? I have tinfoil so would be a dream lol, surely such a thing exists...

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if there a way to install devMenu as an NSP? I have tinfoil so would be a dream lol, surely such a thing exists...
It does exist, but doesn't work. Tbh, there is barely a difference from using LayeredFS. Either way, you must boot CFW to use it. It is really just the icon.

Last edited by Lunalik,

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does exist, but doesn't work. Tbh, there is barely a difference from using LayeredFS. Either way, you must boot CFW to use it.

Hmm not even using ReiNX sigpatching? I know I tried to install a converted XCI > NSP and it got some sort of XML error, guessing it's the same issue then.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Lunalik,
Reactions: Ian095

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't like piracy, where you would be stealing money (there are no morality issues). It really isn't as big of a deal as some people make it. Besides, didn't host or link it here, so chill.
Just stating the differences.
and just to be clear on this side, piracy talk is allowed, while no links are shared /ask where to find piracy related content, among other stuff.
As for your comment, "It Isnt Like Piracy", yes it is, as it is using a Licensed Content without the fee/license payment as other companies do.

Not complaining, just letting you know that that kind of content its a gray area, but yes it falls under the piracy content ;D

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Lunalik for your tutorials, I followed your guide on sigpatches on a 4.01 switch, NSP install worked great so thanks for that.
2 quick questions
1) I followed this tutorial to run devmenu, but when i run the hulu icon it says "The software was closed because an error occured" any ideas? is it because I'm on 4.01
2) Do NSP's have versions? is there any risk to an accidental update since I'm on 4.01 and I want to stay there, is it possible to run NSP backups that require more than 4.01? It would be great to play versions of owned new cart games without having to update

Last edited by puppydg68,

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just stating the differences.
and just to be clear on this side, piracy talk is allowed, while no links are shared /ask where to find piracy related content, among other stuff.
As for your comment, "It Isnt Like Piracy", yes it is, as it is using a Licensed Content without the fee/license payment as other companies do.

Not complaining, just letting you know that that kind of content its a gray area, but yes it falls under the piracy content ;D
I am aware, but isn't the same kind of piracy. It's not like the end user could get it anyways. But yeah, I get the idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello Lunalik for your tutorials, I followed your guide on sigpatches on a 4.01 switch, NSP install worked great so thanks for that.
2 quick questions
1) I followed this tutorial to run devmenu, but when i run the hulu icon it says "The software was closed because an error occured" any ideas? is it because I'm on 4.01
2) Do NSP's have versions? is there any risk to an accidental update since I'm on 4.01 and I want to stay there, is it possible to run NSP backups that require more than 4.01? It would be great to play versions of owned new cart games without having to update
are you using layeredfs?

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's just say that no one knows how bans work yet
Good job with this btw, I was waiting for this!
You install the Hulu nsp in this guide. That is a ban if you ever connect online again. That is what I meant, you get banned before even installing anything with devMenu. And thanks.

Last edited by Lunalik,

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, not working for me, on 5.1.
Tried with Pokemon Quest, Hulu, and Mario Odyssey, all give the same error: "The software was closed because an error occured"
Tried using LayeredFS and Older Layered, on dice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b