Homebrew How to use ARM9 Payloads on a boot9 3DS?

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recentally installed boot9, everything runs greats, it's just that now all the arm9 payloads have become obsolete.
It's not a big deal, it's just that I want the ability to boot my GW into my emuNAND (don't tell me not to use GW) so I've tried using their .3dsx (with SVC services patched), and since their .3dsx only worked on 9.2 with the really old exploit, it'll fail since it doesn't have a case if it is launched with the correct access already.
And yes, GW has an arm9 payload. I used it to dual boot my 3DS with Luma and Gateway but now I'd like to find a way to launch it.
If anyone knows a way, please let me know and thanks :)

Last edited by RyDog,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to tell you not use Gateway because chance are that it won't work. Currently every CFW converted with that tool fails to boot, I would know because I sent both Corbenik and ReiNAND to test. Both of them resulted in a black soft-locked screen and chances are extremely high that gateway will result in the same thing.
Please, stop using Gateway. You are just going to sit around for 6 months and then end up with an out of date launcher like they did with A9LH.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I am going to tell you not use Gateway because chance are that it won't work. Currently every CFW converted with that tool fails to boot, I would know because I sent both Corbenik and ReiNAND to test. Both of them resulted in a black soft-locked screen and chances are extremely high that gateway will result in the same thing.
Please, stop using Gateway. You are just going to sit around for 6 months and then end up with an out of date launcher like they did with A9LH.
Until a free cfw has a cheat engine as good as GW, I doubt RyDog will be switching.

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-convert-arm9loaderhax-payloads-to-firms.471144/
this appears to convert them
also, why not just use Luma to boot into emuNAND
Thanks, apparently cfws don't boot with that. And I know that Luma allows me to boot my emuNAND, it's that I want to boot Gateway.
I wonder how you managed to uninstall boot9 if you had to install it.
I wrote this in the morning before my coffee :rofl2: Yes, I know it's sighax, I couldn't get 9 out of my head so I immediately wrote Boot9, which is what sighax is exploiting.
I asked in the OP to not put anti GW comments in this thread. You're just trying to start a flamewar. Thanks for the info about cfws not working though. I'm sure GW will fart out a .firm within the next 6 months.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I asked in the OP to not put anti GW comments in this thread. You're just trying to start a flamewar. Thanks for the info about cfws not working though. I'm sure GW will fart out a .firm within the next 6 months.
You seems to be under the assumption that every single "anti-GW" comment is made to upset, despite actually being a rather polite request to stop using it it. Expect nothing I said was at all incorrect. The Gateway Team has a long history of waiting months to even years without a proper update. They even blew their April deadline for 11.3 support. Giving them 6 months is actually being rather kind at this point.
Basically stop putting so much affection in your cart. It's only holding you back from something better.

Last edited by The Catboy,

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seems to be under the assumption that every single "anti-GW" comment is made to upset, despite actually being a rather polite request to stop using it it. Expect nothing I said was at all incorrect. The Gateway Team has a long history of waiting months to even years without a proper update. They even blew their April deadline for 11.3 support. Giving them 6 months is actually being rather kind at this point.
Basically stop putting so much affection in your cart. It's only holding you back from something better.
I don't care about your request. If someone ask you not to do/say something, that probably means you shouldn't do it.

And now you're continuing of trying to start a flamewar of telling me what I already know what's wrong with Gateway. I barely use it, as I only use it to search for cheats. Which Luma lacks.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't care about your request. If someone ask you not to do/say something, that probably means you shouldn't do it.

And now you're continuing of trying to start a flamewar of telling me what I already know what's wrong with Gateway. I barely use it, as I only use it to search for cheats. Which Luma lacks.
Your inability to deal with facts does not equate to a flamewar. I am trying to help you by pointing facts
1: Gateway doesn't work with sighax and most likely won't for a very long time
2: You can't even convert the launcher to work with sighax
3: You are the only one keeping yourself back by continuing to use that cart.

I actually care enough to give you what you need to hear, not feed you want to hear

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your inability to deal with facts does not equate to a flamewar. I am trying to help you by pointing facts
1: Gateway doesn't work with sighax and most likely won't for a very long time
2: You can't even convert the launcher to work with sighax
3: You are the only one keeping yourself back by continuing to use that cart.

I actually care enough to give you what you need to hear, not feed you want to hear
I already know those facts, that's why I'm not cohering with your advice.
And stop debying that you're starting a flamewar. A flamewar is when two parties throw dirt at each other. (Like saying you shouldn't use Android, carriers don't update them and they get viruses) You're either expecting me to argue back why I want to use it or expecting me to go along with your advice.
Then you're indirectly calling me an idiot for neglecting your advice. Good job on that, I'll have to see what the moderators think on it.

This thread was basically created for requesting a chain loader that had backwards compatibility with arm9 payloads. Some payloads work, but others don't, so it's a disadvantage of having a completely new exploit.
I believe a privilege escalation Homebrew app might be possible for this request, sort of how you can use safehax to launch arm9 payloads.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I already know those facts, that's why I'm not cohering with your advice.
And stop debying that you're starting a flamewar. A flamewar is when two parties throw dirt at each other. (Like saying you shouldn't use Android, carriers don't update them and they get viruses) You're either expecting me to argue back why I want to use it or expecting me to go along with your advice.
Then you're indirectly calling me an idiot for neglecting your advice. Good job on that, I'll have to see what the moderators think on it.

This thread was basically created for requesting a chain loader that had backwards compatibility with arm9 payloads. Some payloads work, but others don't, so it's a disadvantage of having a completely new exploit.
I believe a privilege escalation Homebrew app might be possible for this request, sort of how you can use safehax to launch arm9 payloads.
Again, just because you don't like what I am saying doesn't make it a flamewar. You are the only one who doesn't want to hear what I have to say. What I said was something I actually tested and know something about.
I am actually trying to help by suggesting ditching the Gateway instead of holding onto for months on end for an update that may not even happen. If you've already updated to boot9strap, then you should just really consider retiring the cart and moving past it.
As for the converted CFW not working, it's most likely because the converter doesn't change the payload load paths coupled with offset changes. It requires some actual re-works of parts of the code

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Again, just because you don't like what I am saying doesn't make it a flamewar. You are the only one who doesn't want to hear what I have to say. What I said was something I actually tested and know something about.
I am actually trying to help by suggesting ditching the Gateway instead of holding onto for months on end for an update that may not even happen. If you've already updated to boot9strap, then you should just really consider retiring the cart and moving past it.
As for the converted CFW not working, it's most likely because the converter doesn't change the payload load paths coupled with offset changes. It requires some actual re-works of parts of the code

I'm pretty sure this implies that he already uses luma and uses a GW emunand just for cheats but you've clearly failed to see that.

Reactions: RyDog

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty sure this implies that he already uses luma and uses a GW emunand just for cheats but you've clearly failed to see that.
I've seen it and doesn't change my answer. If he barely uses it, then it shouldn't be that big a deal to just retire it already

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My initial request was a way to boot Gateway. Not your opinion on whether I should ditch Gateway or not, which is what I've been trying to say, but you keep ignoring my request for you to shut up about you trying to get me to ditch.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My initial request was a way to boot Gateway. Not your opinion on whether I should ditch Gateway or not, which is what I've been trying to say, but you keep ignoring my request for you to shut up about you trying to get me to ditch.
I answered your first request that it wasn't possible for us to get it working. We don't have the source code and thus we can't edit the offsets to make it work.

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I answered your first request that it wasn't possible for us to get it working. We don't have the source code and thus we can't edit the offsets to make it work.
So then you don't need to tell me to not use it. Especially since I asked in the OP to NOT tell me to ditch it.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So then you don't need to tell me to not use it. Especially since I asked in the OP to NOT tell me to ditch it.
Or you can just accept the fact that people are going to encourage you to stop using something that is clearly hindering you. If you updated to boot9strap, then it's obvious that you want to be up to date with the community, something Gateway just doesn't allow to happen. So I am giving you the best suggestion I can give and that's my honest suggestion.

Reactions: sleepymanakete

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Or you can just accept the fact that people are going to encourage you to stop using something that is clearly hindering you. If you updated to boot9strap, then it's obvious that you want to be up to date with the community, something Gateway just doesn't allow to happen. So I am giving you the best suggestion I can give and that's my honest suggestion.
You are also giving a suggestion that was clearly not asked for in the OP.

Anyway, to bring this thread ontopic:

This could work for your situation. Theres a download link 2 posts below.

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be the only person that's doing it. You need to learn that I never asked for suggestions on what I should do with my Gateway. You've done this in the past. It was someone who was having a menuhax problem, and you suggested they just install arm9loaderhax instead of attempting to help them with their problem.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Using old/ outdated stuff especially the GW almost always means no support from new stuff, like B9S/ Sighax.
It has been released this morning, there are maybe 3 payloads that work, why expect something so soon anyway?

Either wait or do it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.