How to use an R4 to its fullest potential.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by blankaex, Feb 8, 2011.

Feb 8, 2011
  1. blankaex
    OP

Newcomer blankaex Newbie

Vietnam
    So, I've had my R4 for a while. I just used the default firmware and used the default games on the SD card. After a while, those games got boring and I learnt how to put on new games and delete old games. So that's been going on for a while too, then I learnt how to modify the CHEAT.DAT file. And I've been doing that a lot, and I've recently upgraded to Wood R4.

So I've heard that you could do many things using an R4, not just play DS games. You can listen to music, look at images, watch films, use VoIP to call phones, access Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, check e-mails, surf the web and plenty of other things. I just have one simple question: How?

I've looked up guides on Google and Youtube and haven't learnt anything about this.

Could anyone explain how to do a few of those things listed above? I would be most grateful to any helpful answers.

Thanks in advance..

2. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    The only way you could get on Twitter/Myspace/Facebook is to use DSOrganize, which is painfully slow.

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    If you have a 3-in-1 expansion pack, you can use the official DS internet browser.

4. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States
    Which is still slower than DSO.

5. Kiaku

Member Kiaku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just go to m.facebook.com instead. It's the mobile site of facebook. i use bunjalloo nds web browser instead, though.

6. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Truth be told, the "full potential" of your R4 is rather limited; the most useful thing you could do with it is to sell it and use the money to buy a better flashcart. (AK2i or SCDS2).

Oh, and no matter what cart you have, you will still not be able to do serious internet browsing, as the DS has it's limitations.

7. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    I gave up on trying to browse the internet with a homebrew program. The browser on the DSi is good enough to go on mobile Facebook and check a few browser games, and that's good enough for me.

8. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you can't even begin to compare the internet browsing capabilites of a DSi to a Desktop Computer.

browsing the internet on the DSi is something i do if i absolutley have to and there is no other way around it.

Like sitting in a McDonalds parking lot, and transfering 5$ from Savings to Chequings so that i can buy a burger, if i forgot my cell.

but even then, i rather use my phone and do phone banking, that's how painfull that is.

9. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    to watch video's/music use moonshel2
    to use VOIP use svsip

to access MSN use BEUP

email, use ndsmail

for twitter use dstwitter

there, full potential...