1. WiiUGamepadRegion

OP WiiUGamepadRegion Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I discovered a few days ago it is possible to bypass the region lock on the Wii U's gamepad. Searching for about an hour turned up "it's impossible" or "wait until someone figures out how to hack the gamepad's firmware." I guess nobody noticed? Figured it was worth sharing here so that anybody else trying to do this doesn't run into a wall.

Quoting myself from the Retro Game Boards Wii U Appreciation and Collecting Thread cause I can't post links apparently.
    That's all you need to do. I have a JP region gamepad synced and working with my US region Wii U, but there's no reason to think it won't work for any region gamepad with any region Wii U.

2. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

3. Kurremkarmerruk

Newcomer

Argentina

Thanks for the info! Does it continue to work after you turn off/ turn on the machine or you need to resynch them every time you boot?

Do you know if there is a possibility to flash the US firmware to the JP gamepad?

4. WiiUGamepadRegion

OP WiiUGamepadRegion Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yeah it continues to be sync'd after you turn things off so you don't need to resync.

AFAIK no Wii U Gamepad firmware hacks exist at this time. When I was looking back in July people speculated that someday, maybe, it could possibly happen.

5. Kurremkarmerruk

Newcomer

Argentina
    Thanks for your answer! I will try it as soon I have the system with me (i'm not at home for a few more months :-/ )

6. LovelyFire21

LovelyFire21 Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi! Noob here! xd I want to sync my gamepad (from USA version), but i can't because it says that my gamepad it's not from EUR version, it's from USA version. So, now i want to put my Wii U to Region Free to play with that gamepad but I don't know how to install the aplication: "System Config. Tool" I searched from Google and i cannot find the true path to download this aplic and make it work, if someone can PLEASE explain me how to install this, I would be in debt with her/him.
    Thanks and please, see my post! TnT

7. MODRZEW82

MODRZEW82 Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    From my side also request for tutorial - I have usa version of wii u and want to unlock region of my gamepad in case of replace wii u unit to EUR. Link is very unclear for noob, help please

8. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    Wow this is amazing! I just tried it and indeed does work!

Cool find OP

9. Skule

Skule Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    The link to the tutorial doesnt work, and i cant find the system config tool. I also have a Japanese replacement gamepad to replace the one which my kids has managed to lose somewhere, but i shopped at ebay and didnt specify the region i belong to North euroipe. The gamepad has now arrived, and it comes from Japan. Afaik. region is hardwired and they regulate region management in the upgrade process. Now it makes perfect sense to sort the problem by not upgrading, but the System Config Tool cannot be found? Im assuming that the program is loade by the use of SD mem card formatted to fat32, but that doesnt work if i dont have thepTool.
    WiiUGamepadRegion hast been seen since last year, so i dare ask if you can help us.

10. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

You're right. The site is down buuuut I copied the content one year ago.

11. kikogear1
    This message by kikogear1 has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 30, 2019, Reason: Asking for links to copyrighted content.
    Oct 30, 2019 Show
  12. Chainhunter
    This message by Chainhunter has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 30, 2019, Reason: Asking for links to copyrighted content.
    Oct 30, 2019 Show
  13. zantzue

zantzue GBAtemp Regular

Here's a -snip-. I've never used it. I've just taken it from a website I trust (elotrolado.net). I found a tutorial in Spanish and it says that it should be installed on rednand only. Don't install it on sysnand. Be careful what you do...

Last edited by x65943, Oct 30, 2019 - Reason: Sysconfig tool is copyrighted by Nintendo
  14. kikogear1

kikogear1 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Thank you

Last edited by x65943, Oct 30, 2019 - Reason: Sysconfig tool is copyrighted by Nintendo
  15. gaga24

gaga24 GBAtemp Regular

I have question. What do you think, will system config tool work with Haxchi or Coldboot Haxchi?
    Did anyone try?

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    it works, yes.

17. gaga24

gaga24 GBAtemp Regular

Did anyone try to sync gamepads from different version? My console is EUR, and i have JAP gamepad as second gamepad.

18. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Does the GamePad region matters even if you make your Wii U Region free?

19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I'm pretty sure that yes, it still matters. it's the only controller that's region locked.

20. ChenXiong

ChenXiong Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Hi bros. I got read the System config tool installation. But it use the Rednand and WUP installer 1.0 to install it.

But now, can i use the Mocha CFW (boot from wiiuexploit.xyz) and WUP installer 1.3 GX to install it.? Since this is the newest hack way.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - gamepad, region,