Hacking [How-to] Upgrade your old3ds from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I just don't see it happening......bans on 3DS or Nintendo network. Historically Nintendo has been much weaker on 'punishing' modders and pirates than the other big two ($ony and M$).

Also it is so late in the 3DS and WiiU cycle why bother? WiiU effectively avoided easy mass scale hacking because honestly its market is so small no one cared enough. It essentially a lame duck console now. Sure 5.3.2 has kernel and user exploits but very little is being done and no one cares.

3DS has been hacked wide open for 2yrs and Nintendo has done little to stop it including releasing the 2DS and N3DS that were both pretty much as hackable as O3DS.

I would say if you are tooo worried then splurge for a Cart that has 9.x update on it and go that route.....

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would say if you are tooo worried then splurge for a Cart that has 9.x update on it and go that route.....

Specific USA Smash bross comes with 9.2.0-
But if you update a 3ds xl that comes with a 6.2.0-12U

Its will become a 9.2.0-12U and menuhax ou HBL will not launch. And will not make any diference.

The same will happens with 4.2.0-9U its will become 9.2.0-9U

So the console that comes with 8.1.0-19U or 7.1.0-17U can be updated with SSB cart because -17 and -19 load menuhax themehax and HBL very well.

Smash Bross that comes with 9.2.0-*U
AXCE152
AXCE252
AXCE352

Last edited by Redirr,

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Specific USA Smash bross comes with 9.2.0-
But if you update a 3ds xl that comes with a 6.2.0-12U

Its will become a 9.2.0-12U and menuhax ou HBL will not launch. And will not make any diference.

The same will happens with 4.2.0-9U its will become 9.2.0-9U

So the console that comes with 8.1.0-19U or 7.1.0-17U can be updated with SSB cart because -17 and -19 load menuhax themehax and HBL very well.

Smash Bross that comes with 9.2.0-*U
AXCE152
AXCE252
AXCE352

I guess I had never seen the specifics related different sub-versions of 9.2 not being able to do menu/them hax? Is this only related to N3DS or is this across all O3DS as well?

At any rate is there a chart showing which 9.2.x versions are OK and which are not?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried the recent version of sysupdater used to downgrade 10.6 to upgrade a 4.x 3ds to 9.2? Figured it would makes things easier to have one copy of sysupdater instead of multiple copies.

Last edited by cvskid,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess I had never seen the specifics related different sub-versions of 9.2 not being able to do menu/them hax? Is this only related to N3DS or is this across all O3DS as well?

At any rate is there a chart showing which 9.2.x versions are OK and which are not?

The chart comes with only system update doesnt include the browser update.

Its like : 9.2.0-
Its not include the last number will remain your atual system.

So if you o3DS its a version with a outdated web browser it will become a updated system with a outdated web browser.

Like a said. There is 3 specific chart codes i know that comes with 9.2.0

I tried very hard to load menuhax to start HBL on a 3ds 9.2.0-12U but it didn't start always return a error code before even load first color screen.

After a update to 9.2.0-20U works very well.

Tried with -17 19 and 20 and works.

Edit :
Someone could tell me a easy way to update 6.2.0-12U to a 9.2.0-20U?

What i used to do its downgrade to 4.2
Install sysupdater with wifi and so update sysnand to 9.2.0-20U.

But its a pain to boot sysnand with wifi resources.

Last edited by Redirr,

derekmerlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm stuck on an old 3DS wit version 6.1.0-0U as updated from Pokemom Y Cartridge. As ends with 0 the web browser is disabled. Therefore the web browser hax doesn't work. I tried Ninjhax as I have Cubic Ninja but it also doesn't work as the hack works onn 6.1.0-7U or older. Then I tried Gateway Ultra 3.4.1 and Ultra 3.7.1 Beta and none of them work. It returns an error message. What else can I do? I don't have Ocarina of Time. any Ideas? Thanks!

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Find a DS flash cart that works on 6.x and use rxtools using 6.0 profile exploit, or
2) Upgrade with a cart to something from 9.3-10.7 and downgrade using Ninjhax--Ninjhax 2 shouldn't depend on the browser. (Only Ninjhax 1 works on 6.x and that does depend on the browser.)

Reactions: wormdood

derekmerlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Jiro2, Thanks a lot for your reply. I do have some Flash carts that works on this 3DS (R4 and DSTwo). Can you explain further the option 1 of using rxtools with a 6.0 profile? Thanks again for your time replying to my post.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Jiro2, Thanks a lot for your reply. I do have some Flash carts that works on this 3DS (R4 and DSTwo). Can you explain further the option 1 of using rxtools with a 6.0 profile? Thanks again for your time replying to my post.
great download rxtools from this link inside there should be a folder named "mset" inside that folder there is rxinstaller.nds put that on your flashcard and run it . . . in its (very plain) menu select the option that says 6.x (note not 6.xdg but 6.x) when the program completes you will be able to launch rxtools by going to the settings app - other settings - profile - ds profile (assuming you have the required files for rxtools on your sd beyond what i have said)

once you do this follow this guide
whenever the guide ask's you to load rxtools go to the settings app - other settings - profile - ds profile

note. the guide notes that its outdated but for your situation it is the one you must use . . . at least until you complete the guide after you may use other cfw's

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
great download rxtools from this link inside there should be a folder named "mset" inside that folder there is rxinstaller.nds put that on your flashcard and run it . . . in its (very plain) menu select the option that says 6.x (note not 6.xdg but 6.x) when the program completes you will be able to launch rxtools by going to the settings app - other settings - profile - ds profile (assuming you have the required files for rxtools on your sd beyond what i have said)

whenever the guide ask's you to load rxtools go to the settings app - other settings - profile - ds profile

note. the guide notes that its outdated but for your situation it is the one you must use . . . at least until you complete the guide after you may use other cfw's

Any idea if the same can be done on 7.2.0-0E? [Before I dig up a ds cart] or is that a completely different beast altogether...

Last edited by HyperT,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea if the same can be done on 7.2.0-0E? [Before I dig up a ds cart] or is that a completely different beast altogether...
7.2.0.0 hmm . . . no it cant 4.x or 6.x only . . . your only choice is to update to use a game to update to 9.3 - 10.7 then use occorina of time, cubic ninja, or freakyforms deluxe to access homebrew and downgrade to 9.2/9.0

Last edited by wormdood,

derekmerlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiro2, Thanks again I was looking for other guides over an over the net and then got a Super Smash Bros cartridge that supposedly would bring my O3DS to 9.2 but it updated to 8.1.0-0U instead. So, I'm still without a browser and I cannot use the 6.0 profile anymore. I will wait for your reply before doing anything else with my 3DS. As a side note, Ninjhax always get stuck at 70%, my guess is because the browser is disabled... Thank you very much for your support.

derekmerlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello wormwood, thanks a lot for your reply on this matter too. Unfortunately I used a Smash Brothers cartridge with the intention to bring the 3DS to 9.2 but it was updated to 8.1.0-0U instead. Therefore I'm still stucked without a browser and looking for alternatives. Thanks!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiro2, Thanks again I was looking for other guides over an over the net and then got a Super Smash Bros cartridge that supposedly would bring my O3DS to 9.2 but it updated to 8.1.0-0U instead. So, I'm still without a browser and I cannot use the 6.0 profile anymore. I will wait for your reply before doing anything else with my 3DS. As a side note, Ninjhax always get stuck at 70%, my guess is because the browser is disabled... Thank you very much for your support.
ninjhax1 requires the browser (ninjax1 is for 9.2 or lower . . . ninjhax2 does not require the browser and is for 9.0 or higher)
. . . so in your new situation your only choice is to update via gamecard to 9.3 - 10.6 then use ninjhax2 (or freakyhax / supermysterychunkhax / oothax . . . the last two require a way to install a modified save file, ie powersaves3ds or a 3ds with hbc access) to downgrade to a proper 9.0/9.2 (browser and all) . . . then you may use any cfw guide

Last edited by wormdood,

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi I am new to 3ds hacks and I have a 3ds running firmware version 4.5 and when I try to launch H&S in devmode it crashes.
I have rxtools v2.5.2 and launch through the browser with www.reboot.ms/3ds/

Did you inject FBI to the h&s? Might be a bad version that you injected. Also, use rxtools3.02 beta if you can with MSET. (If you have a DS flashcart , I don't know if the browser can boot it)
Rxtools 3.02 has pasta mode that worked for me

hamza316

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you inject FBI to the h&s? Might be a bad version that you injected. Also, use rxtools3.02 beta if you can with MSET. (If you have a DS flashcart , I don't know if the browser can boot it)
Rxtools 3.02 has pasta mode that worked for me
Thanks for replying I'll try do this as I don't have a flashcart.

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I Hope somebody can help me ,my 3DS is on Sys firmware 7.2E. EmuNand Firm is 11 something the latest one i believe and is working all good .
Emunand:

SysNand:

I am trying to upgrade my Sys Firmware to 9.2E so i can use the hacks in order for my 3sd to boot straight into emunand mode.I understand that in order to achieve this i need to be on 9.2E so ........

I am using RxTools at the moment and booting to EmuNand via Web Browser but its starting to get annoying doing this every time i want to play some games.

I Have the Health and Saftety app to install .CIA on the Emu

Im trying to follow this guide to upgrade to 9.2E but when i go to boot into Devmode in rxtools with pasta it loads the home screen up so i then click on title manager and it tries to load . A white screen comes up with a list of things but it flashes straight off and proceeds to tell me an error has occurred .

Here is an image of the file system layout and what i have on my SD card

Just wondering why it does this and if anyone could try and help me out . Thanks in advance .

Last edited by rigby1987,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c