DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The 1 warez game does show it's icon in sysnand but no animated logo on the top screen and you can't run it., it does not mess with my sysnand.

Why so important?
When installing clean cia files, you have to install them in sysnand to link them to your console.
1 reason for example, i have a few spare 3DS systems, when installing them on sysnand and then when upgrading to 9.6 legit (let's say i don't want to have gateway compatible 3DS anymore) i keep the games and can play them and update them and play online. i can wipe the games and redownload themwhen a nnid is linked, I just can't system transffer them to another 3DS, you loase all pre-installed games then.
Another reason, say my gateway get lost or broken or i fogot to take it with me, i can always play those game sin sysnand.

Why i use 9.2 and not 4.5? because on 9.2 i don't have the save encryption problem, not that, that is a big problem if you use gateway, but some can be paranoid about losing saves if the upgrade from 4.5 to 9.2 sysnand.

D

Deleted-19228

You could use SDF decrypt all your saves then when you rebuild your new linked emunand using SDF to inject the saves.

I try to follow as much of this stuff from a curiosity viewpoint but I really don't get why sysnand is so important to many people. Running the exploit for emunand is not really a pain to me and it is a nice layer of protection for my sysnand. I can get all the updates for the "other" site and install them with a lot less hassle than this. But options are good. :)

Oh, and sysnand saves its stuff in its own folder in the mSD card. Under Pthe "Nintendo 3DS" folder there are two or more long named folders. One for sysnand and one for emunand. There is also a Private one but I am not sure what that is for.

I think you are confused. Linked emunand does not do this. When you unlink the emunand aka reformat it, it generates a new GUID which is why you would have two separate folders.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are confused. Linked emunand does not do this. When you unlink the emunand aka reformat it, it generates a new GUID which is why you would have two separate folders.
Linked emunand does not do what? I understand linked nands operate under one folder. I was answering the question the poster asked about where sysnand stores its data on his current setup which is unlinked.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Update:

So i had my system done like posted before, all worked out.

So today i booted into rxTools and updated my emunand (9.5) to 9.7, so far no problem. (if you read the other post of me, you willl know i upgraded to 9.6 and installed nnid and downloaded some games and extracted ticked to inject it back, etc...)
Then i entered eshop and tried to redownloaded pokemon shuffle (i wiped it before, just to test something out)
First i noticed all my legit games asked again for an update and my legit downloaded eshop games and apps where gone
When trying to update i got an error (sorry forgot to write it down, it could not download the update, but after pressing ok on the error, the games didn't ask for an update anymore
I have seen this before, no NNID linked, so i looked up pokemon world shuffle and tried to download it, it asked for a nnid to be linked, so i entered all my nnid information
after that, everything was back, no updates needed anymore by the other games and all my eshop downloads where back.

So if you did the ticket.db thing on 9.6 and downgraded back to emunand 9.5 with ticket injection, take in mind you have to enter nnid back once you are on rx-emunand 9.7 to show your downloaded stuff and game updates.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any way to obtain the game updates without having to rely on eShop? Preferably as .cia files, installable through devmenu or clones of devmenu.

Jhyrachy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any way to obtain the game updates without having to rely on eShop? Preferably as .cia files, installable through devmenu or clones of devmenu.

yes, it's possible, but not compatible with this method.
The eshop is important for the ticket.db, not for the file in the first place.
If you can use a modified emunand to bypass the ticket check, you can install any cia you want, but you can't use it in sysnand.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

Awesome tutorial! I saw this tutorial before but didn't care first until when i needed it. It took a really long time to find it again (sadly).

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I use this to inject tickets into emunand for gateway? I'd like to update my smash to use my mewtwo code, but gateway is stuck on 9.5. I have nothing on my sysnand so I cannot update on that anyway.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I already got some cia games,themes and dlc installed .
Furthermore I did what you said (except injecting ticket.db in my sysnand)

When I do this, will there be any risks for a brick?

I am scared because I read somewhere else if you try to inject your emunand in sysnand, your console will be bricked.
There is more present than only the updates on my emunand.

There is a risk of bricking. Sometimes rxTools doesn't dump ticket.db correctly so when injected into sysNAND - You're borked. Check the size of ticket.db before injecting.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
They might possibly be an even easier way of doing this depending on your setup:

1. Follow the guide here: Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS (very easy to do on the old 3DS)
  2. You can then update all your games on your sysnand, if you boot back in to your emunand games you have updated before will be at the latest version, same as on your sysnand (presuming because i have them linked)
  3. Any new content you have downloaded however will not work, im guessing you could then follow part of this guide and simply dump your ticket.db from sysnand and then inject it in to emunand to allow any new eshop content to also be used on emunand and not just sysnand. (Note i have not tried this).
For me anyway i updated my legit Pokemon games i have purchased on a retial cartridge using Sysnand, now I can now play them online either on Sysnand or Emunand, that's all i basically wanted :)

UniYankee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yosh guys, got the reversed problem here, I can install cias on cfw and making them available on sysnand, but not on my rxtools emunand (Last updates, etc...) Tried to swap cias, but it broked my rx emunand :) Have any ideas on how I can swap my ticket.db from sysnand to emunand without breaking it? :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs