Not open for further replies.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Dear All,

I'm about to get an Xbox 360 RGH, but want to upgrade to a newer hdd, I'm used on og xbox, when we had a hexen dvd inserted the HDD and it would automatically format, but what about xbox 360 rgh, does aurora, or other similar dashboard format new hdd?

Btw what is the maximum size of hdd?

Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
2 TB 2.5 inch HDD.

Follow this tut to completely reinstall it.
You can extract the CD onto a USB and replace the outdated dashlaunch version with the newest.
If needed, you can also install Aurora (another alternate dash which is maintained, FSD isn't being maintained anymore) if you want to.
Principal of the thing is similar as you'll use XeXmenu to copy things to the HDD whilst setting it up ;p

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DinohScene,

Thanks is not very different from og xbox, the system detects new hdd, formats it, and afterwards insert a DVD/CD to install custom dashboards and everything the console needs to work properly, but the link to the XeXmenu Live CD is down, also heard of xex menu 1.2, is it an update to Xexmenu Live CD? really it can't be any simpler than this.

Regarding the temps, going to delid the xbox 360 to change internal thermal paste between cpu and IHS, it would probably gets temps down of at least 5 degrees, they are completely dry, the latest winchester motherboard doesn't have ihs but is not hackable.

Just need to burn this Xexmenu Live CD "when I find it" or as alternative make a recovery USB to install everything and plug and play as MS so much likes.

But your tutorial is simple, easy and straighforward.

Last edited by viggen66,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeh, both systems are similar when hacked haha.

I'd say set the fans to 60 or 65%.
Might be a wee bit noisy but hey, better then overheating hardware haha.

Here's a link to the CD.
I'll quickly change out the link in the tutorial as well, cheers for notifying me.
I'm unable to upload an updated CD for some reason and haven't spend much effort at it as the majority still works.

You can burn the CD or extract it to a FAT32 formatted USB drive, the 360 will read both.

I'd also suggest reading this thread for an updated Xbox Emulator.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DinohScene,

You can also attach a 120 mm fan to external to extract the hot air, allot better than increasing fan rotations and get better results like this

Also I have attached both 120 mm fans to my 360 and xbox one system soldered to a 9v transformer, and never overheat, I can feel the enormous heat dissipated through the external fan, and is always whisper quiet, I don't use these crap fans but only Noctua one, the 360 can run a full week without overheating and without disturbing anyone on sleep :)

Second link is also dead unfortunately.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's a good alternative yep.
Personally, I prefer a cleaner looking solution.

I've cut a hole in the side of me 360 and fitted a fanguard on it.
Yanked the fans up to 70% and attached a 40mm fan on the 2nd GPU heatsink, Snipped the back fanmesh in the cage and gaffertaped a beercoaster on the fanduct to increase airflow.

Tiny bit more work but eh, personal preference ;p

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DinohScene,

Do you have another link for the xexmenu cd 3.1?

I opened my xbox one and thermal paste was completely dry, had to replace and add another fan outside, together with 360, problem is that they use IHS on most of the slim models, it requires extreme careful on removing that piece from the cpu, how can a cooler keep temps down, when the heat is not correctly conducted to ouside? Impossible

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DinohScene,

Thanks a lot, after I get my 360 rgh gonna make new hdd, I remember the time this console hasn't jailbroken, had to hack the fw of the hdd, now is so much easier. :)

Regarding FAT32 formatted USB drive, is simple copy paste or does it need a special program to copy to XBOX FatX?

Last edited by viggen66,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FAT32 should work, otherwise quickly format it on the 360 ;p
Yeh, just drag the contents of the CD to the root of the USB and you're good to go.

viggen66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Dinoschene,

For the USB Fat32 formatted, I just copy all the contents of the CD to it, and how to make 360 to run the default.xex which is on the root of the USB stick?

Of course on a Burned CD is straightforward, there's on stock dashboard a option to boot the CD but what about USB?

I thought latest version of Xexmenu was 1.2, but it seems there's now 1.3? I'm I mistaken?

Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeh, just drag and drop.
You could copy XeXmenu to the hdd via the storage manager tab on the MS dash or run it via the USB.

Modified copies perhaps?
COD kiddos modifying the skin to resemble a COD menu? idk
Doesn't really matter what version you'd use, you only need it to copy things to the HDD and install a better alternate dash.

XeXmenu is essentially just another alternate dash for loading homebrew/360 software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.