How to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.1U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by edg0023, Oct 15, 2009.

Oct 15, 2009
  1. edg0023
    OP

Member edg0023 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Help. I want to upgrading to 4.1U through nintendo, but Nintendo has change their version to 4.2U (which is full of glitches). I should have upgraded when i had the chance. [​IMG]
    Is there a way through homebrew that I can manually upgrade to version 4.1U. I am currently in version 3.2U.

Thank you

2. UKTone

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. payas

Newcomer payas Member

United Kingdom
    i have 4.2e and i have never come across any glitches. all works fine HBC and USB loaders work great as well as the new preloader. dont worry 4.2 is fine. i used wananikos 4.2 updater without any problems and am more than pleased with the results. If the HBC flips upside down which it did you just need to reinstall one of the ios's without patching it and all is normal again. It was ios36 i believe.

4. koolmoed

Newcomer koolmoed Member

United States
    Can I used NUSD via wad manager to get to 4.1. What are the required IOS's to do this.. Is it only IOS60.

thx

5. ringorinfret

Member ringorinfret GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd like to do the same... how to update to 4.1U now that ninty has 4.2U up on their servers ? I want to upgrade my friends wii to 4.1U

6. bula

Member bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

Install IOS60-v6174 (trucha) and IOS61-v4890 with DOP-IOS and then System Menu-v449.wad with wadmanager and you are on 4.1U in this order.

7. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DO NOT USE WANIN's Firmgrade updater to 4.1. You will get bricked.

8. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    While messing with your Wii's nand always contains some level of risk in bricking your Wii, stuff happens, using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1 is no riskier. Just do the required reading, take your time, and use a UPS if your worried about blackouts [​IMG]

-[]D

9. IlluminiX

Member IlluminiX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not true for everyone - I just used it to go from 3.2 to 4.1. You should not use it if you go to 4.2 and then downgrade because you will have a stub IOS60 - which you need for 4.1 to work. Anyone who has not gone to 4.2 at some point will NOT get bricked with his 4.1 updater.

10. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Actually, they will if their consoles doesn't have installed a functional version of the IOS 60. The Waninkoko Updater always installs the latest version of the IOS 60 instead of a specific one (in this case, it should be the v6174, but it downloads the v6400 [the stub one]). If the console has the IOS, the application skips the IOS 60 install. If not, it will install the stub and the 4.1 firmware, obtaining an instant brick. Simple as that. In a few words, dai-a was right, in part.