Hacking How to update Zelda:BOTW from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 installed via WUP y mod

darro87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Never updated a game that already had an update before, so I just want to be sure of the process. Thanks.

Salfay

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello :)

To update your game using Wup Installer:
- Download the update (you can use Wii u usb helper)
- Create an "install" folder at the root of your sd
- Put the update you have downloaded in the folder
- Start WUP Installer using HBL and install the update (in the nand or the usb, chose what you prefer)

However, if you're using a CFW (Haxchi, CBHC, Mocha....), you can update directly from the game :)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :)

To update your game using Wup Installer:
- Download the update (you can use Wii u usb helper)
- Create an "install" folder at the root of your sd
- Put the update you have downloaded in the folder
- Start WUP Installer using HBL and install the update (in the nand or the usb, chose what you prefer)

However, if you're using a CFW (Haxchi, CBHC, Mocha....), you can update directly from the game :)
You are wrong with one point the update needs to go in the same storage as the game so if the game is on usb the update must be on usb as well

darro87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Thanks for the quick replies!

Glad it's a simple process.

I assume the update itself is safe as well? Really don't wanna have to start over D:

D

Deleted User

Thanks for the quick replies!

Glad it's a simple process.

I assume the update itself is safe as well? Really don't wanna have to start over D:
In some cases, Wii U might corrupt BotW Update while updating it, best would be just to download it from Wii U USB Helper and update it using Wup Installer GX2.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see the latest update for EUR region in USB helper, is it a case of just waiting until it's added or is there something I'm not doing right?

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In some cases, Wii U might corrupt BotW Update while updating it, best would be just to download it from Wii U USB Helper and update it using Wup Installer GX2.

Is there a reason why the BoTW update v48 doesn't appear in Wii U USB Helper (USA region)? I can only see the v33 and i tried with NUSGrabber but the download(wget) stays stuck at 100% on this file "000000c3.h3"

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Delete the old update and then install new one.
I say to do it this way in case you are short on space. The install will error at point where space runs out. The installation works basically by writing first deleting old second so on limited space case: Delete old yourself first (JUST the update data) and then install new one.

OT: Anyone know what the 1.1.1 affects?

Ryu X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was undo blocking. Then put in my actual game disc then it will download the update to my USB drive. Then I can continue using the usb installed version.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to update just via the prompt that appears when you launch the game (like you normally would if you didnt have a hacked system)?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have a friend who's using the 1.0.0 fake signed copy and the update prompt can't install as he runs it through haxchifw, so he's stuck with game can't update and cannot launch until updated.

I'm going to borrow his Wii u and remove the signed update, install v48 and DLC, for him to continue with haxchiFW.

Just wanted your opinion on this, I don't imagine I can remove any partially downloaded update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: