How to update to latest Luma and B9S

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MrCatFace, Sep 4, 2018.

1. MrCatFace
    OP

MrCatFace GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Hey! I hacked my 3DS when Boot9Strap first came out. I havent touched it in a while. I was wondering whats the best way to update everything as I know newer versions of B9S and Luma have came out. What about FastBoot3DS? Is that worth installing?

I have a N3DS on 1.17 with Luma 8.1.1

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Sigh, everyone seems to forget about the trusty ol' 3ds.hacks.guide.
    You should familiarize yourself with how Luma3DS and boot9strap work before switching over from B9S to FB3DS. There is a slight learning curve, so it's recommended you back up your SysNAND before making the change.

zacchi4k likes this.
  3. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    While fastboot3ds is kinda cool and can do some stuff that B9S by itself can't (like NAND backup and restore), really all the features it offers are all already possible with B9S, Luma and payloads like Godmode9 combined. Also, as TurdPooCharger said, there's a slight learning curve, because while the interface is user friendly, it still needs to be configured, unlike B9S which doesn't need any configuration at all. Still, if you want to install it, go ahead and do it. If you end up not liking it, going back is as simple as copying the needed files to the SD and running SafeB9SInstaller again

Last edited by zacchi4k, Sep 4, 2018
    TurdPooCharger likes this.
  4. MrCatFace
    OP

MrCatFace GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    Thanks for the help!

zacchi4k and TurdPooCharger like this.