How to update to 3.60, install VitaShell, Adrenaline, USB Memory Cards, and more!

1) After opening the PSTV box, we hook it up and DO NOT connect it to the internet. Update the PSTV to firmware version 3.60 using the following method.

2) Format your thumbstick to FAT32. Download the PSVUPDATE.PUP file from the link above. Make a folder structure PSVITA/UPDATE/PSVUPDAT.PUP on your thumbstick. Do not Put the thumbstick in the USB port on the back of your PSTV just yet. Plug in a PS3 or PS4 controller first.

3) Make sure your PSTV is powered off. Now, put your PSTV in safe mode by holding down the power button on the back for 7 seconds. You will now see a menu system on your TV. Navigate down to “Update System Software”. Once you start the updating process, unplug your PS3/PS4 controller and plug in your thumbstick with the update file/folders on it.

4) After the consol reboots, check the system menu option to make sure it’s on 3.60. Disable the “System->Auto Start Settings->Download Update File for System Software” option. Your console may ask you to update at times, do not accept this.

5) Install Henkaku by opening the browser and navigating to http://go.henkaku.xyz. If you get an error message, reboot the PSTV and try again. You can also try clearing the browser cache. You should now have the molecularShell app on your home screen.

6) Open the mail app, now close it. Open the molecularShell app, press the PAUSE button and turn safe mode off. Then, press the SELECT button on your controller. You can now FTP in to the console using a client like FileZilla on your PC. Download the offline installer and drag the .vpk file in to the “ux0” folder. On your PSTV press O to go back and navigate to “ux0”. If you press X on the offline installer .vpk this will start installing. It will put an email in your mail app so every time you open that email you install Henkaku again. This eliminates the error message bug and makes installation easier (you have to re-install every time you reboot).

7) Install the vitashell v1.61+ the same way. I recommend only using VitaShell from now on instead of the molecularShell app. Once in VitaShell we can now mount our thumbstick as a memory card…

Watch the video for the full tutorial.

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not update it manually anymore? I just updated my pstv last week that way. Just wondering if something has changed.

ckylesworld1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GuyInDogSuit If you watch the video you mount the USB drive. If you want to transfer stuff from your system ux0 you mount the USB drive as uma0, transfer to it, then mount as ux0.
@ckylesworld1 You can update it manually. I show how to do that right in the beginning of the video.

Oh ok lol. I didnt watch video. I just read through your steps in the post.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im starting to believe theres a limit on the size of an External HDD for the Vita TV to recognize. My 4TB WD which is already Fat32 formatted the vita TV refuses to recognize it tho it works perfectly on my Jailbroken ps3
and on the Wii menu for WiiFlow. Also provides its own power on a wall plugin so power isn't the problem either

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im starting to believe theres a limit on the size of an External HDD for the Vita TV to recognize. My 4TB WD which is already Fat32 formatted the vita TV refuses to recognize it tho it works perfectly on my Jailbroken ps3
and on the Wii menu for WiiFlow. Also provides its own power on a wall plugin so power isn't the problem either
Format it to exfat? At least that's what format vita memory cards are in.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
PSP games you can upload the ISO files. But for PSVita/PSTV games you install them.
Hi, there! Thank you for the tutorial video.
Could you please be more specific about running PSP games on a PSTV? I will be getting one in a couple of weeks and use it with a 128 GB thumb drive. I would like to install everything to the thumb drive (for the internal memory is only of 1 Gb.)

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, there! Thank you for the tutorial video.
Could you please be more specific about running PSP games on a PSTV? I will be getting one in a couple of weeks and use it with a 128 GB thumb drive. I would like to install everything to the thumb drive (for the internal memory is only of 1 Gb.)
Im a little late to this one but you can run psp backups with Adrenaline or ARK on 3.60. Install adrenaline with Adrenaline Easy Installer and or Ark2Fast to install Ark. You will need a psp game/demo to install over them but Ark2Fast can install one for you or clone an existing psp game/demo and if I'm not mistaken easy installer will too or you can use epsp bubble installer too.

Also I believe you need a usb drive that's self powered to use it as internal storage

Oh and just FTP your psp iso or cso to ux0/pspemu/ISO/

Last edited by SmellyPirateMonkey,
Reactions: starburst

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM