Firmware How to update Supercard DSTWO (DS2) to work on DSi v1.4.2 Firmware

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSTWO-SuperCard-DS2.jpg

A How-To video showing you how to make your Supercard DS2 work on the new v1.4.2 DSi[/p]

[tv]259981-271[/tv]
How to update Supercard DSTWO (DS2) to work on DSi v1.4.2 Firmware
DSi v1.4.2 bypass

icon42.gif
Youtube Video
icon11.gif
Update File + Firmware

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanveer said:
Dude, no offence, but are you gonna flood the front page with these videos now?
Great help for newbs, but to be honest its not front page news quality.
+1
This guy makes many videos that are helpful to newbies, but not any front-page related news.
I don't like it, this is just sorta spam, not any helpful things for me, not news.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Totally unnecessary, just report the news about the update without forcing your own guide into it.
I'd rather read about the news rather than see someone's guide about it, prioritise!

Edit: My bad, the original news post about this got pushed down really fast.
Still, the update was as simple as overwriting files on a microSD card, does that really warrant this video?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:

If it is helpful for newb's then that is good enoough

Marlonguppy said:
Tanveer said:
+1
This guy makes many videos that are helpful to newbies, but not any front-page related news.
I don't like it, this is just sorta spam, not any helpful things for me, not news.

Spam? Ya right, how is this like spam which is content that is garbage and something u don't need. Any how-to video no matter how simple it is would be useful no anyone.

QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ May 12 2011, 02:40 PM) A text-based version in the same post would be nice too. Plus, it takes more time to watch a video that has to load...

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the suggestion.

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ May 12 2011, 02:54 PM)
Totally unnecessary, just report the news about the update without forcing your own guide into it.
I'd rather read about the news rather than see someone's guide about it, prioritise!

Edit: My bad, the original news post about this got pushed down really fast.
Still, the update was as simple as overwriting files on a microSD card, does that really warrant this video?

Why is it unnecessary? Alot of ppl like to watch vids instead of reading a lot of txt. I am not forcing my guide into it, I am doing my job as Temp Staff. And that is what I was told to do, upload videos.... again, I don't care how simple the video yes. I will upload video's if I want. Its my job here.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Noobfriendly does not mean it needs to head straight to front page.
You could link to this video on the news article instead of posting a whole new video and pushing it up.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
People trying to increase there post count with posts that have useless comments.
If the post does not help you ignore it simple.
Thanks haddad as i have a supercard ds2 and found it helpful.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shanefromoz said:
People trying to increase there post count with posts that have useless comments.
That argument works both ways you know.
I don't give two shits about my post count, I had an opinion I wanted to vocalise.
Others here are arguing that haddad posted this for the sake of producing frontpage video content, when it wasn't exactly warranted.

QUOTE(haddad @ May 12 2011, 09:20 PM) Why is it unnecessary? Alot of ppl like to watch vids instead of reading a lot of txt. I am not forcing my guide into it, I am doing my job as Temp Staff. And that is what I was told to do, upload videos.... again, I don't care how simple the video yes. I will upload video's if I want. Its my job here.

I think you should put more thought into what videos you upload, especially to the frontpage.
I mean this update process is an absolute no-brainer, if anyone has used a DSTwo before and just updated their microSD card contents, that's it.

I mean there's watching a two minute video, or there's this statement.
"Team Supercard has released a fix for DSi Firmware 1.4.2 (1.4.3 in China).
The update is as simple as over-writing the old microSD card contents with this new download,
no flashing process is required and the Alex Rider icon remains the same."

That's literally all it takes.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RupeeClock said:
shanefromoz said:
That argument works both ways you know.
I don't give two shits about my post count, I had an opinion I wanted to vocalise.
Others here are arguing that haddad posted this for the sake of producing frontpage video content, when it wasn't exactly warranted.

QUOTE(haddad @ May 12 2011, 09:20 PM) Why is it unnecessary? Alot of ppl like to watch vids instead of reading a lot of txt. I am not forcing my guide into it, I am doing my job as Temp Staff. And that is what I was told to do, upload videos.... again, I don't care how simple the video yes. I will upload video's if I want. Its my job here.

I think you should put more thought into what videos you upload, especially to the frontpage.
I mean this update process is an absolute no-brainer, if anyone has used a DSTwo before and just updated their microSD card contents, that's it.

I mean there's watching a two minute video, or there's this statement.
"Team Supercard has released a fix for DSi Firmware 1.4.2 (1.4.3 in China).
The update is as simple as over-writing the old microSD card contents with this new download,
no flashing process is required and the Alex Rider icon remains the same."

That's literally all it takes.

So? How is it diff to post a video about it? Lol..
tongue.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To all:

Haddad is doing his job as a TV Temper, and he's doing a fine one at that. We get that not everyone wants to view a video on these subjects -- that's great for you, don't view it. Not everyone understands how to do it, and not everyone is a native English speaker, so videos like these really reach a wide group of people. If someone doesn't understand English, they can still watch and get the gist. It's great.

Please stop harassing Haddad in these threads. Think you can do it better? I'm sure we'd be happy to take a look at having more TV Tempers.

I don't want to have to start warning everyone, so please keep it civil, and if you have nothing nice to say, please consider not saying it at all.

D

Deleted-236924

Having that on front page is better, since noobs most likely will just see it directly on front page instead of having to post a thread for it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
To all:

Haddad is doing his job as a TV Temper, and he's doing a fine one at that. We get that not everyone wants to view a video on these subjects -- that's great for you, don't view it. Not everyone understands how to do it, and not everyone is a native English speaker, so videos like these really reach a wide group of people. If someone doesn't understand English, they can still watch and get the gist. It's great.

Please stop harassing Haddad in these threads. Think you can do it better? I'm sure we'd be happy to take a look at having more TV Tempers.

I don't want to have to start warning everyone, so please keep it civil, and if you have nothing nice to say, please consider not saying it at all.
Thank you.

I don't see how "flooding the front page" is bad. It literally NEVER updates. If something important shows up, it'll probably stay at the top.

These are great. I'm glad that you're doing these videos.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
To all:

I agree with you whole heartily. haddad is a good person, I'm sure he thought about this before he even decide to post it.

(And about looking for more Tv Tempers, I would surely like to be one, probably won't happen, but just saying
shy.gif
)

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A text version would be great. Accompanying each of your videos with a brief summary of what is said would be a good options for us users who don't like to watch tutorials, but read them. Thanks for the it, though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, guys, think about it this way. If Haddad spams the front-page, then that prevents the larger spam of noobs making threads about that question.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
You gotta give him credit for making and uploading all these videos. That's certainly hard work.
I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're trolling.

Don't take it the wrong way, it just sounds like it.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Let me elaborate on something that a lot of you idiots don't get.

ALL videos posted in the temp tv section get put on the front page.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Now stfu and stop crying over it and get out of Haddads threads with your bitching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse