Hacking How to update softmodded Wii from 3.4E to 4.1E?

Epicbeardman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a brand new Wii with system menu 3.4E, and the first thing I did after the initial setup was use Bannerbomb v1 to install BootMii and the Homebrew Channel. Next, I made sure to perform a NAND backup, and that went fine. So far, so good.

Since I was only able to install BootMii as an IOS, my next step was to install Priiloader for some extra protection. However, I soon learned that Priiloader can only be installed on a Wii with system menu 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2.

What's the best way to update my system menu to 4.1 without breaking anything? I have Wii Sports Resort in my possession, can that be used to update the system menu? Preferably, I would like to update to 4.1 because, as I understand it, 4.2 doesn't offer any new functionality.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think WSR only has 4.0 on it....4.1 was released to fix a bug in WSR found after the game had shipped....

i second using Modmii....excellent program

Epicbeardman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii worked like an absolute charm. Thanks for the tip! I will keep this great software in mind if I ever have to softmod a Wii again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."