Hacking How to update r4i gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) for DSi V1.44

Willie Ware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today r4i gold from r4ids.cn team has released the update patch for r4i gold users who want to want to update their card to work for DSi V1.44. At first, you need to know whether your r4i gold need to do the update.

Take a look at this pic

di-NDPL.jpg

The first and third icons can work on the DSi V1.44 without updating. if you have this kind of r4i gold 3ds, feel free to update your DSi system to V1.44 and still use your flashcart.

If you see the second icon in your console, then you need to update your r4i gold card first before you update your DSi console.

Update method

1. Download the latest wood firmware from here: wood V1.46 extract it and put all the files in the root of your SD card.

2. Download the update patch from here: http://filetrip.net/...atch---1-0.html As always, there are two files in this folder, one is for updating by DSi , and the other is for updating by DSL. If you have updated your DSi to V1.44, then you can only use a DS console to do the update. Put the correct update patch in your SD card.

3. Insert your r4i gold 3ds card and SD card into the DS/DSi console. power on and run the update patch.

4. If you use the DS console, you need to take out the flashcart and then reinsert it again and press the "A " to start the update, If you use a V1.43 or lower DSi, just press A to start the update.

5. Just wait until it finishes updating.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i take my comment back about this card,i have contacted the manufacturer & they asked me for the letter on the card which was "C" & within less than 2 days they released a working patch. awesome support from the R4ids.cn team. :yay:

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i take my comment back about this card,i have contacted the manufacturer & they asked me for the letter on the card which was "C" & within less than 2 days they released a working patch. awesome support from the R4ids.cn team. :yay:

but the patch on the site is the same?

did they email you a link for the Rev C
might be worth posting as other people might have this problem

mine are Rev 8 and had no problems

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They just released a new patch today and replaced the old one. here is the quote from the official site

The DSi V1.44 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Mar.29,2012)
11.gif

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

They just released a new patch today and replaced the old one. here is the quote from the official site

The DSi V1.44 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Mar.29,2012)
11.gif

oh okies

did it patch your cards up to Prince caspian then?

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i just tested it, the icon changed from SpongeBob to Prince caspian after update with the new patch, and then working on the DSi V1.44 of course.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
yeah, i just tested it, the icon changed from SpongeBob to Prince caspian after update with the new patch, and then working on the DSi V1.44 of course.
Are you sure that you are using the latest patch released today ? And i failed in finding it at its official download page. It is still the same as that one released on Mar 23rd, 2012.

it is not the same,latest update was released today,it is on their front page http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html :wacko:

Peter Gatens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that you are using the latest patch released today ? And i failed in finding it at its official download page. It is still the same as that one released on Mar 23rd, 2012.

Yeah, i am sure i am using the latest patch:

this one : ftp://r4idsdown:[email protected]/R4iGold3DS_NDSiV144Patch-2.rar as you can see, it is the "patch-2" which was released yesterday1

And also you can find it in filetrip here: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=27501

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/