Hacking How to update R4i emunand

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think R4i supports 9.X emuNAND, but it like partialy supports 8.x. im fine with that because all i want is to play games. and games like MH4u that has 8.0 update data doesnt show up after i select it in the multirom menu.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i guess its wrong then,
this is the true compatibility
v4.1.0-v6.3.0
issues with 7.x

it can boot upto 7.2, but any games that use 7.x encryption will fail and you will not be able to access system settings on 7.2 as MSET uses 7.x encryption from 7.2 onwards

even on thier own site it says
Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B1 is released ! (2014-05-29)

change log
Games Update:
1. V4.5+ Games
2. MH4

The coming firmware V4.0B2 will include the following:
1. Multi-ROM
2. EmuNand
Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0b2 is released ! (2014-07-15)

change log:
1.Support Multi-ROM
2.Support FAT32&exFAT
3.Support up to 32GB tf card
4.Support online play(to be tested)
5.Because of the 3ds system's updating, emuNand is delayed.

Attention: For the limitation of memory space, the MH4 patch cannot be added in this update, sure you can play the MH4 through Deluxe Firmware 4.0B1.
and that was their last update

so basically the latest FW they released doesnt have emunand, and the earlier ones where buggy and bricked peoples consoles

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i guess its wrong then,
this is the true compatibility
v4.1.0-v6.3.0
issues with 7.x

it can boot upto 7.2, but any games that use 7.x encryption will fail and you will not be able to access system settings on 7.2 as MSET uses 7.x encryption from 7.2 onwards

even on thier own site it says

and that was their last update

oh well... can you link to me a list of games that use 4.x or whatever encryption.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
http://3ds.essh.co
basically any game from there that says FW requirement 6.x should work, anything with 7.x mostly won't work and 99% of games with 8.1+ will definitely
not work
although i would just suggest you use the free cfw, its free and has better compatibility....but its a little more buggy

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://3ds.essh.co
basically any game from there that says FW requirement 6.x should work, anything with 7.x mostly won't work and 99% of games with 8.1+ will definitely
not work
although i would just suggest you use the free cfw, its free and has better compatibility....but its a little more buggy

CFW has 7.x support? emuNAND? buggy how? possibility of brick? sorry, i know nothing of this stuff.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
cfw doesnt have 7.x compatibility, but then neither does R4i....i would only suggest you use the 4.b2 of the R4 FW that doesnt have emunand (its pointless if you can only update to 6.x anyway).....basically the R4 is like a tiny bit more stable version of the CFW, pretty much identical game compatibility, but it doesnt let you use homebrew,....easier to set up though....but still imho pointless to own at this point

save the money and put it towards a gateway and just use the CFW for now while you wait

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw doesnt have 7.x compatibility, but then neither does R4i....i would only suggest you use the 4.b2 of the R4 FW that doesnt have emunand (its pointless if you can only update to 6.x anyway).....basically the R4 is like a tiny bit more stable version of the CFW, pretty much identical game compatibility, but it doesnt let you use homebrew,....easier to set up though....but still imho pointless to own at this point

save the money and put it towards a gateway and just use the CFW for now while you wait

yeah, and i have been using 4,0b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins