How to update New 3DS sysnand from 9.0. to 9.2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AlanWeird, Apr 21, 2015.

1. AlanWeird
    OP

AlanWeird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    Scotland
    So. I'm looking to system transfer.

My old 3ds XL is sysnand 9.2 and rxtools 9.7 emunand.

I'm looking to update my new 3ds to attempt the spoof firmware guide on here. Both consoles need to be at the same sysnand.

I know getting my paws on cooking mama 5 is an option.

I have cubic ninja and a gateway as well.

I've downloaded a bunch of cias. and tried sysupdater.3dsx via the homebrew launcher. It... flew through every cia instantly, and rebooted. Was still on 9.0.... so no joy there.

Hoping somebody can help. If not, I'll grab cooking mama.

2. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    *snip*

Removing so no one thinks to try it.

3. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    I tried the sysupdater too and it did the same thing, wut ?

4. Death78793

Death78793 What is this, a first person shooter?

Jan 16, 2015
    Here's a friendly reminder:
    Yifan's method has been proven to be successful, so you could try that. DON'T (I reiterate) DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET A HARD-MOD OR IF YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE YOUR NAND.BIN HANDY. I failed to check that and I ended up with 9.7 being installed to my system with no means to downgrade (deleted nand.bin by accident). You should also exert caution while updating via .cia's too, the system is VERY picky with some software and if one byte of text is not correct, you get a brick

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    That will brick your system 100% of the time.

Nobody do this

mvmiranda likes this.
  6. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    Yeah, first I misread it, though you wanted to update emunand with a rom, but if you want to update sysnand with a rom, it's a 100% brick.

7. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah I have a nand back-up on my computer, only problem is sysupdater won't work, and I'm definitely not trying the rom method.

Edit**

Rom method won't even work simply because Gateway has firmware spoof, so no update will be triggered.

8. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    You can temporarily desactive the fw sppof if you hold up in the gw menu while selecting gw mode, but I won't advise it.

Ra1d likes this.
  9. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    You're right!
    Frequently I receive 3DS consoles with black screen (power led on) after the customer fails to do this process.
    100% of the time they didn't have emuNAND (either because the removed the SD or because they forgot formatting emuNAND)