Hacking How to update N3DSXL emuNAND from 9.0 to 9.5?

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay the puzzles and dragons trick didn't work AND it updated my main system to 9.5. Is there a way I can go back? I have my emuNAND saved.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay the puzzles and dragons trick didn't work AND it updated my main system to 9.5. Is there a way I can go back? I have my emuNAND saved.
This is why I linked my tutorial do you have a Sysnand backup? Also what firmware was the Emunand backup if you don't have your Sysnand backup.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I should have done that instead of the easier method.. I think I only have my emuNAND backed up. Not a sysnand backup.
Come on guy that's the first thing any tutorial for CFW tells you to do backup backup backup. Your only option is to get a hard mod done from @hundshamer and pray that your Emunand backup is valid, flashable, and from when you were on 9.0.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleh. Yeah I screwed myself on this one. Should have went for the tutorial method instead of the Puzzles and Dragons thing.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did nothing to my emunand. I just backed that up today and my N3DS XL has been a paperweight since I have my O3DSXL that can actually play the newer games from my gateway.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can I just ask, what did you actually do that resulted in your sysNAND getting updated? Did you boot Gateway while holding up? Are your NANDs linked? Just wondering as it would be good for future reference (maybe updating with a game cartridge on linked NANDs causes sysNAND to update too).

D

Deleted-19228

No reason to go to 9.5. 9.4 and 9.5 are functionally the same. Use 9.4 update from Xenoblade.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just ask, what did you actually do that resulted in your sysNAND getting updated? Did you boot Gateway while holding up? Are your NANDs linked? Just wondering as it would be good for future reference (maybe updating with a game cartridge on linked NANDs causes sysNAND to update too).

I booted Gateway while holding up but through the Nintendo DS Profile method. I held up as soon as I selected it. That being said, I don't even think it updated my actual emuNAND since my system nand got updated.

D

Deleted-19228

Yeah I should have done that instead of the easier method.. I think I only have my emuNAND backed up. Not a sysnand backup.

If your emunand was at 9.0 that is fine. emunand and sysnand are the same thing and can be cross flashed. Do a hardware mod and flash back to your 9.0 emunand on your sysnand and you will be fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He already updated his Sysnand and it make no sense to not go the highest firmware you can.

Yes it does. Purely for this reason. Too easy to mess up now he's beyond exploitable firmware and needs to do stuff to downgrade it again. There is zero difference and it's much easier just to boot a game with a 9.4 update and do it that way.

Lockerzpoints2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your emunand was at 9.0 that is fine. emunand and sysnand are the same thing and can be cross flashed. Do a hardware mod and flash back to your 9.0 emunand on your sysnand and you will be fine.

Could you link me to how I could do that? I'll do that right away.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it does. Purely for this reason. Too easy to mess up now he's beyond exploitable firmware and needs to do stuff to downgrade it again. There is zero difference and it's much easier just to boot a game with a 9.4 update and do it that way.
and 9.4 is exploitable? he would have messed up either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse