How to update MT Card emuNAND to 9.4.0-21u from MT3D4.5.0-10u

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MMS4MSU, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MMS4MSU
    OP

MMS4MSU Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Any help please. I am trying to update my MT Card v2.3 from mt3d4.5.0-10u to 9.4.0-21u and know I cannot do it via ROM or the system update. I have extracted an image of the emunand and used UpdateCDN to create CIA/RAW files but I do not know how to inject them into the image. Or their may be an easier way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Use 3DNUS and sysupdater/bbm.

3. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Do not use sysupdater on GW/MT mode, otherwise it will BRICK your 3DS!

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    This is only true for updating system nand

5. MMS4MSU
    OP

MMS4MSU Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Thanks for the responses. The GitHub sysUpdater site states:
    IMPORTANT: Don't run this with any sort of firmware spoofing enabled like Gateway mode/rx mode/whatever or it will brick! This is not my fault. Please ask the authors/makers of your CFW/flashcard to provide a way to disable firmware spoofing!

Doesn't the MT card use a spoofer that cannot be disabled and is why it cannot be updated by a rom?

6. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Yes, but this warning is only if you want to update your sysnand, not your emunand.

7. MMS4MSU
    OP

MMS4MSU Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    I downloaded all of the .cia files from 3DNUS for 9.4.0-21 USA and placed them on the MT Card microSD. I also placed .3DS or .3DSX files for THL starter, sysUpdate, and BBM . BBM was the only one to load from the emunanad. Using BBM I navigated to the microSD and installed all the .cia files successfully but after rebooting to the emunand the 3DS gets stuck 'preparing to start home menu...". I format the emunand to start back at zero, so any suggestions as to what I did wrong?
    Thanks for the assistance.