Hacking How to update/install IOS' if NUS don't work?

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm having some trouble. I've had HBC and some custom wads installed for a while on 3.2U. I updated HBC but a friend foolishly updated my Wii to 4.3U about 2 weeks ago. I ran HBC/BootMii upgrade successfully and used this guide to install ios236. I used the trucha updated to fakesign 36 and was even able to reinstall a wad I was messing with (wanted to see if I could run custom from SD. fail) but when I go into MMM it doesn't show IOS36 v3551. Also when I try to run PriiLoader or another program I'm prompted to install IOS36 v3551 but am unable to do so from Nintendo servers!

All I want to do is rip my games to an HDD so when I have nephew/nieces over they don't handle and mess up my disks. So far everything still works but I'm confused as to what I need to do to enable all the hacks/fakesigns I need so I can install that cover flow wad.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!!

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ModMii guide! Use Wizard option and tell your Wii is Virgin. then say ur wii is 4.3, region U, and 4.3 to your System Menu. After ModMii download all files, copy all them from Copy_to_SD and follow ModMiiGuide step by step!
You can get ModMii here: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows
Dont forget to thx XFlak
wink.gif

enjoy it

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
ModMii uses NUS to download the files...
God dammit, I'm on a Mac.

Also, to install the Trucha Bug on IOS36, does it hve to be v3551 or can it be done on v3608, because that's what MMM tries to do? I was able to use DOP-Wii to install IOS36-v3551, but it's not fakesigned or anything
frown.gif

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys, this is annoying since I can go into DOP-Mii and find the IOS36 patch option but it doesn't do it with fakesign/ES/etc.

Any idea what I should do? At this point I almost think making my Wii a virgin and than starting from there would be better but the weird thing is I am still able to install WADs, just PriiLoader is giving me trouble and thus I'm afraid to go on with installing what I need to in order to run games off HDD.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
makin your wii virgin can brick your wii just use the other guide its the same but modmii is more customized thats it hte files are all packed already. You can breath by your nose. oh and you should not be afraid if you got bootmii with a nand backup which i am sure you do...

DarkWarriorWario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you update to 4.3 it deletes bootmii as boot2 and you have to reinstall it as boot 4 and reinstall priiloader. It may be best to re hack your wii from scratch.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkWarriorWario said:
when you update to 4.3 it deletes bootmii as boot2 and you have to reinstall it as boot 4 and reinstall priiloader. It may be best to re hack your wii from scratch.
Just clarifying here;
It installs boot2v4 on your wii, so if your boot2 version was lower than that it'll be overwritten. BootMii boot2 is overwritten thanks to this.
You can re-install BootMii boot2 afterwards. (But it still installs as boot2, not the non existing boot4)

Virginizing is something you shouldn't do. You can rehack it from scratch without Virginizing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM