Hacking How to update games in Wii U FW 5.5.1 w/ DNS blocking?

Advrk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello quick newbie question:

With generous help from @Kafluke I was able to set up Haxchi on my Wii U with firmware 5.5.1 and it is working well with DNS blocking set up to prevent "updating" to 5.5.2.

However, when I start two games, Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, they tell me that they can't download updates. Even though I can still choose to ignore those messages and start those games anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to update them without risking updating to 5.5.2 as well? Or do game updates require 5.5.2???

Also, I just discovered Wii U USB Helper. I am still trying to figure out its full functionality, but would I be able to use it to download the updates? Is this a typical use case for Wii U USB Helper?

Thanks!

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wii U usb helper has ability to download updates, or DLC of games. Search for your game (and your region) and click "download update" on right side of the screen. Install it like WUP installable game. No CFW required updates are always 100% valid, public crypto. Many say that NNU-Patcher also works; but to my experience it hasn't worked - on several consoles and DNS servers for blocking, maybe it's just europe thing I dunno. But using USB Helper and downloading updates with that, installing with WUP installer of your choice from SD card is quite simple and easy though.

Reactions: Advrk

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you install updates via wup installer via hlc,use wii u usb helper to get games updates and dlc
Wii U usb helper has ability to download updates, or DLC of games. Search for your game (and your region) and click "download update" on right side of the screen. Install it like WUP installable game. No CFW required updates are always 100% valid, public crypto. Many say that NNU-Patcher also works; but to my experience it hasn't worked - on several consoles and DNS servers for blocking, maybe it's just europe thing I dunno. But using USB Helper and downloading updates with that, installing with WUP installer of your choice from SD card is quite simple and easy though.
he needs to read a bit baby
Hello quick newbie question:

With generous help from @Kafluke I was able to set up Haxchi on my Wii U with firmware 5.5.1 and it is working well with DNS blocking set up to prevent "updating" to 5.5.2.

However, when I start two games, Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World, they tell me that they can't download updates. Even though I can still choose to ignore those messages and start those games anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to update them without risking updating to 5.5.2 as well? Or do game updates require 5.5.2???

Also, I just discovered Wii U USB Helper. I am still trying to figure out its full functionality, but would I be able to use it to download the updates? Is this a typical use case for Wii U USB Helper?

Thanks!
take your time and read,i dont know english and i know how to use it ,so dont be lazy baby and read the guide that you can google and sear here in the forum

Advrk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you install updates via wup installer via hlc,use wii u usb helper to get games updates and dlc. its very simple baby

Thank you both for your fast replies!! I'll give Wii U USB Helper a try and install with WUP Installer.

One more thing: Is the use of Wii U USB Helper related to people being banned???? Do I need to use it via a VPN or something???

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for your fast replies!! I'll give Wii U USB Helper a try and install with WUP Installer.

One more thing: Is the use of Wii U USB Helper related to people being banned???? Do I need to use it via a VPN or something???
you wont get banned,you use wii u usb helper on your pc,grab all you need and then install via sd card to your external hard drive attached to your wii u

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

No. There is no validation of console or anything by nintendo servers; The console cannot distinguish between updates being installed weirdly since they are 100% legit. CFW detections are not in place nor any other methods to detect piracy. Only online hacking has been banned thus far - since that can be detected and given a ban on.

Advrk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you wont get banned,you use wii u usb helper on your pc,grab all you need and then install via sd card to your external hard drive attached to your wii u

No. There is no validation of console or anything by nintendo servers; The console cannot distinguish between updates being installed weirdly since they are 100% legit. CFW detections are not in place nor any other methods to detect piracy. Only online hacking has been banned thus far - since that can be detected and given a ban on.

Got it, good to know. Thank you very much for your help!! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all