NULL

Question How to Update Emunand on SX OS?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ggmkp, Mar 22, 2019.

1. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    depends what kind of emunand you made. If you made emunand on SD (files, not hidden partition), just copy the files to your computer for a backup, and try creating a new emunand from your 7.0.1 sysnand. I can't tell you what you did wrong, but I can tell you that if your 7.0.1 sysnand works, it'll work as emunand as well.

2. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I think you have to be superbanned for them to block system updates. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

3. fordthegod

fordthegod Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2019
    United States
    I know this might be a stupid question but how do I find the firmware i'm trying to upgrade to? I'm currently on 6.2 and I want to go up to 7.0.1.

4. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    You need to Google for it. Is against the rules if I share it with you

5. mleeneg

mleeneg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Updated to 7.0.1 and all I got was a blank screen when booted to emunand. Didn't find out that I needed to be on sxos 2.6.1 to actually boot to it.

6. Lunatics

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    Is 7.0.1 the latest FW that works with SX OS? Currently on 2.5 and 6.2, I am assuming I want to go to 2.6.2 and then update my emunand to 7.0.1 and leave sysnand alone, correct?

7. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    Yes just be sure you are on emunand and its not the 8.0 update or you will end with no cfw

8. brushguy

brushguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Germany
    Update:

Just upgraded my Emunand ^_^, seems there were some conflicts
    with other files (Kosmos,Atmos,ReiNX,titles folder) ...
    I removed everything from the SD and just left a bare sxos setup
    and it worked.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Somehow updating Emunand doesn´t work for me.
    Choi closes immediately / does not start at all.

I tried sxos 2.5.3 up to 2.6.2.
    Sysnand is on 7.0.1, Emunand on 6.2.0, hbl version 3.0.1
    and i read the FAQ from the Choidujour thread.

Help?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by brushguy, May 1, 2019
  9. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    You need to be on sxos 2.7 beta to upgrade to 8.x.x

CanIHazWarez likes this.
  10. brushguy

brushguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Germany
    Thanks for your reply.

The problem i had was that Choidujour wouldn´t start up,
    it went back to the sxos main menu first page immediately.
    (And i went from 6.2.0 to 7.0.1 emunand.)

11. Elliander

Elliander GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    Illinois
    I'm curious: Is anyone else having issues updating from 6.2 to 8.0.1 using "Match Version with Local Users" ?

I was unable to update either the sysNAND or the emuNAND using that trick, which used to work. It would start, then crash with an error. In the end, I decided to take the sysNAND online to update that and then used checkpoint to backup all my saves on my emuNAND and then just created a new emuNAND.

I was meaning to anyway, since the emuNAND was smaller than 32 GB having been created in a much older version of SXOS, but I didn't want to have to take my sysNAND online at all. Going forward I am curious as to why this happened. Is it just my Switch, or - going forward - is it going to be more difficult to use legitimate updates on Switch consoles without taking them online?

I've never used Choidujour for updates myself personally, and I actually have 3 Switch consoles in the house now.

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    ChoiDujourNX is a really easy to use app and simply works. You don’t even need to go online.

13. Elliander

Elliander GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    Illinois
    Not as easy as using "Match Local Users" has always been until now. For starters, you have to find and download someone else's update file which may or may not be clean, along with a number of other potential headaches. Most importantly, I want to have the sysNAND update offline and without ever touching homebrew. I have never been banned and I want to keep it that way.

With Match Local Users, it works like this:

1.) Update your Online Switch
    2.) Go into sysNAND on your offline Switch
    3.) Select a game icon, press +, and use "Match local Users"
    4.) Install update.
    4.) Go into emuNAND and repeat steps 3 and 4.

That's it. The updates are official, no homebrew touches the sysNAND, and everything remains clean. Additional steps for security include restoring your sysNAND from just before creating or using the emuNAND prior to updating the sysNAND and then creating a NAND backup prior to messing with emuNAND again, just in case. Note that even if you stay offline, matching local users WILL download updates even if you don't want to, so it's both a blessing and a bane.

Of course, this update from 6.2 to 8.0.1 didn't work out so well, and I am curious as to why and if anyone else updating that way had a similar issue.

pLaYeR^^ likes this.