Hacking How to Update CyclosDS firmware

Prathik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a CyclosDS card and its version 1.45. I downloaded the 1.57 and 1.58 firmwares for it, it says to just copy paste the .evo file into the root of your microSD card and turn on your ds, it should do everything.

Problem is, my DS just.. doesnt do anything. I can play games and everything is fine, but It just doesnt .. update?

PS: I was going to post this on the CyclosDS forums but somethings wrong with their forums or server, wont let me register.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm. Are you sure you put the file on the root? The 'update.evo' file goes directly on the root, and when you boot up the Cyclo, it should have a screen that prompts you to okay the update..

Prathik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. um I'm actually confused by the term root.

Like, when I open the microsd, I have 2 folders, one of them is the cyclods folder, and the other moonshell. All the games ans sav files are right there, not in any folder. Is that where I put it? I actually tried both, putting it where the games are, and also in the cyclods folder.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, the first should be correct. The root is like, the very very base of your microSD? I'm not very good at explaining...yeah, but it's basically the screen when you first open up the microSD. Maybe try organizing your games into a GAMES folder? And then try putting the 'update.evo' file on the root.

Sorry if I'm just spewing out ideas. This has never happened to me so I'm just conjecturing..

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basically what you have to do is if you drag and drop things to you card insead of dragging and dropping to a folder just drag and drop it to the card name itself then its on the root, for example those folders are on the root of your card right now

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The root is the base folder of your MicroSD. It should show the CycloDS and moonshell folders, and all your games. Place the update file in there.
The CycloDS folder is only for skins, cheats, and advanced settings editing. Don't put ROMs or updates in there.

Prathik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this may sound stupid.. but since I have a v1.45 does that mean I should update to a v1.46? or can I jump straight to a v1.58?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Try force installing the firmware by holding Down + B while booting your CycloDS and then pressing A once you see "Press A to load from MicroSD".

By the way what do you mean by it wont let you register? Does it say something like "your email is banned"?

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Put your update.evo on the Sd card not in any folders. Just on the blank space where you see moonshell and cylco and games folders. when you knock on the Ds.

Go to press the Cyclo then you should be prompted too update. Yes you can go up from 1.45 to 1.58 no problem. Whatever you do when updating don't knock off your Ds or you brick it in the process of updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi