Question How to update Atm emuMMC and sysNAND?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ThePirat, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ThePirat
    OP

ThePirat Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    United States
    Thanks mate to pointed it out!

To have fuses-UNburned will allow us to do a sysNAND downgrade, eventually?

Last edited by ThePirat, Jun 27, 2019
  2. ksanislo

ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2016
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, that’s the general idea. You’ll always be able to use ChoiDujoirNX to switch back to whatever version you started saving fuses at.

I’m not too sure of the real practical application of it though, as I’m not sure how much use the older firmwares will truly be in the future, but anybody who saved their fuses at 4.1.0 and lower for example can switch from using a paper clip to reach RCM to that new software only dejavu/pegascape hack that just came out, and there’s always the chance of a better software only exploit in the future still too. I’m sure it will be dramatically more important for those who own patched RCM switches in the future.

3. Arusia

Arusia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2019
    United States
    So is there any way to boot an emuMMC without flagging something in the error log? So that I could boot a "clean" emunand for online play via 4.1 Pegascape?

4. ksanislo

ksanislo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2016
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Theoretically, you could boot your emuMMC with "stock=1" via CTCaer's Hekate mod, and it should be nearly as good as booting a stock sysMMC the same way. It's not a perfectly unmodified console, so there are still ways that it could be identified, but all the logged data should look completely normal.

Also, I'm not aware of Nintendo doing any special checks to try to identify someone doing such a thing at this point, and the leads in the modding community should be able to identify that sort of thing pretty quick if they decide to start.

JotaBarba likes this.
  5. spammy

spammy Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for the comprehensive comment. Just to check my understanding though: any "fake fuse" module would require CFW to use, right? So doesn't using that to boot a "clean" sysnand OFW seem a little self defeating?

6. JotaBarba

JotaBarba Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2019
    Spain
    So, in a config with two emummc, one with atmosphere and the other cas close to ofw as possible, it will be necessary to edit hekate_ipl.ini to chcange between them (due to stock=1 flag)?