Homebrew How to update a9lh Luma sys nand keeping Gateway emunand

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have (thanks to many of you guys' help on this forum) installed a9lh and kept emunand for the Gateway stuff (Yes we want to keep that running). Emunand is running 11.2 (Eur) and Sysnand (Luma) 9.2.0.

I would like to bring Sysnand to 11.2 (not over this) so I figured I'd install Poochy's cia and run it since this is the way I updated Emunand (using Poochy's 3ds file though). It does not seem to bring up Sysnand to 11.2.

How would I go doing just this ?

The Wifi connection I use has custom DNS (from http://loadiine.ovh/gate.php) to prevent Nintendo's updates (so I've heard) in case this info matters. The console is a N3ds (initially from Australia).

Thanks,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have (thanks to many of you guys' help on this forum) installed a9lh and kept emunand for the Gateway stuff (Yes we want to keep that running). Emunand is running 11.2 (Eur) and Sysnand (Luma) 9.2.0.

I would like to bring Sysnand to 11.2 (not over this) so I figured I'd install Poochy's cia and run it since this is the way I updated Emunand (using Poochy's 3ds file though). It does not seem to bring up Sysnand to 11.2.

How would I go doing just this ?

The Wifi connection I use has custom DNS (from http://loadiine.ovh/gate.php) to prevent Nintendo's updates (so I've heard) in case this info matters. The console is a N3ds (initially from Australia).

Thanks,
I don't see any disadvantages by going to your system settings, and click system update, 11.3 is not a big deal since you have a persistant low level exploit up and running

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't see any disadvantages by going to your system settings, and click system update, 11.3 is not a big deal since you have a persistant low level exploit up and running
Isnt' 11.3 supposed to brick the console (like if for some reason the internal micro sd card were to become corrupted and I were to install a fresh new one, boot GW mode and format emunand again)?
From my understanding, booting a console in Sys 11.3 without a Emunand configured would brick the gateway part of it (or possibly everything).

Thanks,

D

Deleted User

Isnt' 11.3 supposed to brick the console (like if for some reason the internal micro sd card were to become corrupted and I were to install a fresh new one, boot GW mode and format emunand again)?
From my understanding, booting a console in Sys 11.3 without a Emunand configured would brick the gateway part of it (or possibly everything).

Thanks,
You only brick in gateway mode.But since you are using gateway on your emunand,the emunand is safe to brick.As for sysnand you want to just update it while in luma mode.In other words avoid updating in/running gatewaymode at all costs on your sysnand.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol