Hacking ///\/ How to update a system 3.4u Wii to 4.3u without additional purchase \/\\\\

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,567
  • Replies 24
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
@XFlak, @The Real Jdbye
Ok guys, I think my problem is solved. I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm thinking it's going to be all right now.
I'm really embarrassed by my stupid mistake, but I hope you guys can understand. Sometimes I just don't think things through but enough chat, here's the issue.
I kept checking dual-layer on the wii disks in CleanRip. I went ahead and unchecked that, and got one of my Wii games dumped. If I have anymore problems I'll tell you but I think for now it's over with. :)
I've decided I really don't need the DVD player function. I'm pretty sure my Wii'll do it, it's a white Rev-001 2006 model, so the DVD functionality should work, but I read it's something to do with system 4.3 . Some other people were complaining that WiiMC wasn't working correctly with 4.3, and I insisted upon it for no reason. (still not thinking things through, just thought "oh. I need the newest version just because") Sorry about that.
I am actually using the same usb drive. It's a sandisk cruzer-blade 32gb.
The only thing weird thing is that I have to clean it off before dumping another game, otherwise
Cleanrip crashes. Not too bad though.

Thanks for remaining calm with me and my mistakes :D

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@XFlak, @The Real Jdbye
Ok guys, I think my problem is solved. I'm not 100 percent sure but I'm thinking it's going to be all right now.
I'm really embarrassed by my stupid mistake, but I hope you guys can understand. Sometimes I just don't think things through but enough chat, here's the issue.
I kept checking dual-layer on the wii disks in CleanRip. I went ahead and unchecked that, and got one of my Wii games dumped. If I have anymore problems I'll tell you but I think for now it's over with. :)
I've decided I really don't need the DVD player function. I'm pretty sure my Wii'll do it, it's a white Rev-001 2006 model, so the DVD functionality should work, but I read it's something to do with system 4.3 . Some other people were complaining that WiiMC wasn't working correctly with 4.3, and I insisted upon it for no reason. (still not thinking things through, just thought "oh. I need the newest version just because") Sorry about that.
I am actually using the same usb drive. It's a sandisk cruzer-blade 32gb.
The only thing weird thing is that I have to clean it off before dumping another game, otherwise
Cleanrip crashes. Not too bad though.

Thanks for remaining calm with me and my mistakes :D
Only like 2 Wii games are actually dual layer, so that could certainly cause problems, yeah.
System menu version should not affect WiiMC, because system updates only update such things as the system menu, BC/MIOS (GC mode), and IOS, for the most part these don't affect homebrew at all. For IOS you want to be using IOS58, and updating to 4.3 is just the easiest way to get IOS58 installed. Reinstalling HBC afterwards might be necessary to get it to make use of IOS58, though this only matters when homebrew is launched through HBC and not through a channel forwarder.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok, hmm. I still can't get Mario Galaxy to dump. I think it's like Xflak said, I need a harddrive. I have one that could work but it's got stuff on it. I'm going to purchase a huge one so I can offload all my data onto it and use the smaller one for dumping.
If not, then maybe Galaxy is just too scratched up :(
I'm going to try all my Wii games and I'll report back on which ones worked.

D

Deleted User

OP
OK. I've got my usb hard drive going. All the games I've got are dumping just fine. No longer is CleanRip crashing when I dump more than one game onto the drive. Diagnosis? Mario Galaxy was abused by small former self and co. and now it's too scratched up for my Wii to dump it all the way. This is probably the last time I will summon you two, so...

@XFlak , @The Real Jdbye ,
Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate the time you spend helping me, sorry if I bugged you guys too much. I know you're all real people with real things to do so it means alot to me.

Case closed.
(unless someone can find my mario kart wii dvd for me)
MicmasH

(I'm aware that there are ways to clean discs, I'll be trying that next.Not relevant to this topic though.)

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@