Question How to update a .NSP file on Atmosphere 6.2?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by FlareTech, Dec 5, 2018.

1. FlareTech
    OP

FlareTech Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    United States
    Im pretty sure this post should go under this section so sorry if im wrong.

Basically, I have some .NSP games and am having trouble updating them using their DLC and Update .NSP counterparts. I just use tinfoil, RIGHT? I am running Atmosphere 0.8.1 on FW 6.2. Thanks!

2. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    Correct you should be using Tinfoil, and always make sure to select the "Ignore FW" option, it should download the Update/DLC NSP as long as you have enough storage either in Nand, or on your SD Card.

Also Could you post a screenshot, or write down the error it's giving you though, so we can better understand what's the root cause here.

EDIT; While I was searching around looking to see if there was similar issues to yours, I found this possible solution posted here on GBATemp for the 6.2 Tinfoil, I recommend giving it a try while you're grabbing any of your data for a reply, just to see if it works.. apparently it could be related to sigpatches not being included with Atmosphere 0.8.1 out of the box

Last edited by Proto-Propski, Dec 5, 2018
  3. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Did you include the sigpatches? Vanilla atmosphere will not include those. There is a thread here on gbatemp that has them, it's posted on just about every single 0.8.x atmosphere question thread.

4. FlareTech
    OP

FlareTech Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    United States
    Alright im pretty sure it is the Sigpatches, will take a look soon, thanks!

5. FlareTech
    OP

FlareTech Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    United States
    Sigpatches for Atmosphere on FW 6.2? I cannot seem to find any on here... Unless im just an idiot... Would you mind linking me a thread?

6. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Probably easier to just extract Kosmos - https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases

But, if you want to just try the sigpatches....now that I had to search for it again, it actually took me a few minutes to find! so no blame for not finding it :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

FlareTech likes this.
  7. FlareTech
    OP

FlareTech Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    United States
  8. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    If only people could award XP to others for their help. I would be a Xpillionare. Makes me super happy to hear that got it working!

altorn likes this.