Homebrew How to update 3DS and update homebrew?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was saving my money for that 3DS for a long time, and I really don't want this 3DS to be a brick, but I'd like to have downgraded 3DS for that better stuff. And, can I get banned for using CFW and playing online games? And will my New 3DS work properly (by 'work properly' I mean that there won't be much crashes or errors, I will be able to play my games including Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and upcoming New 3DS exclusives, and I want my Zl, Zr, C-stick and head tracking working)? And I have some experience in hacking, for example I have hacked Wii and I have custom android rom on my phone. And those devices are still working properly.
Alright, i can understand. You had exactly my situation. That was me to a tee before i downgraded, including the wii and android thing. Gamecube on wiiu is the best. Use this video. it's the best video i could find. I love it. Explains everything perfectly. And there's really only an extremely small chance of hardbricking. Most times just booting into recovery and updating to the latest firmware fixes everything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you use unlegit dlc online with smash can you get banned
i used it and i was fine. There have been no recorded bans in cia history. Also i owned digital smash and i got it cryptofixed so yes i own the game. This was before 10.5 emunand was possible.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens if you go into the smash aoc with unlegit dlc installed from a cia
F-I-N-E. Went a few for glory matches. Never had any issues. And with a 10.5 emunad i believe if u delete the unlegit cia and then install it for free from the eshop it works fine.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
F-I-N-E. Went a few for glory matches. Never had any issues. And with a 10.5 emunad i believe if u delete the unlegit cia and then install it for free from the eshop it works fine.
i mean aoc shop in smash will it think you buyed it or will nintedo know you pirated and ban you

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean aoc shop in smash will it think you buyed it or will nintedo know you pirated and ban you
You cant. If ur not on the latest firmware you cant access the shop. If u are, it will tell you u have to make an nnid to access the shop. If u do have an nnid, dlc cia's don't work cuz they synch with the eshop. Banning is impossible.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have watched some tutorials on how to downgrade a 3DS, but it's only downgrading and downgraded 3DS won't do anything unless it has CFW. And how to install CFW on a New 3DS (without any flashcard)? And is it safe?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't noticed that. And what about RXTools CFW? Which is better and which is more safe?
i use reinand because it allows updating to the newest firmware. I love emunand, because it's essentially having a second firmware on your 3ds that can be played with and exploited. You can brick the emunand all you like and sysnand will be untouched. I even linked my eshop to my emunand. Also when u downgrade your 3ds, you'll notice all of your games give u an infinite loading screen. Botting them on 10.5 reinand will fix this though because those games require a higher firmware to operate. Also linking your eshop to your emunand will not delete your cias. In fact it makes the nintendo servers think you own them.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way i can transfer emunand back to sysnand in case i want to stop hacking one day
it's possible if they're unlinked. You can sync with the eshop and it thinks you own those games though. Sorry i took so long had to do some research on that.

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have New 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition, with Majora's Mask preinstalled. I have installed some other games too (demos and pokemon rumble world). What will happen to those games after I downgrade my New 3DS? And what will happen to saves of some games that I have on my New 3DS? I don't want to delete all this stuff. And - does CFW support all the New 3DS features and does it support DS games? I have a DS flashcard so I have all the DS games I want for free.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have New 3DS XL Majora's Mask edition, with Majora's Mask preinstalled. I have installed some other games too (demos and pokemon rumble world). What will happen to those games after I downgrade my New 3DS? And what will happen to saves of some games that I have on my New 3DS? I don't want to delete all this stuff. And - does CFW support all the New 3DS features and does it support DS games? I have a DS flashcard so I have all the DS games I want for free.
All will be intact if you follow those videos instructions EXACTLY. And to have multiple nand and sd card backups, but the video addresses those too.

Reactions: Hoppy

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
how would i fix my health an saftery app cause on emunand injected fbi into it and ive already installed the fbi cia so i want to turn it back how do i reinstall the health and safety

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would i fix my health an saftery app cause on emunand injected fbi into it and ive already installed the fbi cia so i want to turn it back how do i reinstall the health and safety
1. That might be the dumbest thing i have ever heard of
2. If you could possibly find a health and safety legit cia on that iso site then just inject that like u did with fbi
3. Really?

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And what will happen to all my homebrew? And I have masher's grid launcher, it's not the default one of the homebrew launcher. Will it still work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.